Package Exchange Fall Exchange Photo Thead

rsz_img_1170.jpg

I got my package from Annia.

I was so happy with my package. I really loved both bags. The bird bag was so pretty, the bag is pretty gray otherwise but the birds really pops up from it with all the lovely colors and it has pocket where you can fold it. And there was also Charles Darwin bag with longer handlings so you can carry it on shoulder. That will definitely find it's way to be used.

Other things I got were two bars of chocolate, lavender and mandarin&ginger flavors. And there was also two nâkd bars, appel pie and berry cherry flavors. There is no doubt that all those will disappear soon. :)

My furry kids were remembered also and when I opened the envelope yesterday there has to be some kind of smell since both my cats were trying to get their nose into that envelope and that black and white mouse thingy was immediately under some attention. And the noisy balls have gotten some kicking around in here so on night time those are hided so that there is chance to sleep some.

Lastly there was pretty card with lovely view that near of my Annia's work place. Can I change job with you?????

I'm so impressed with the beautiful bags and awesome gifts. Can't wait for my box to arrive!
Am I the only one who's already looking forward to the Christmas exchange?:)

I'm so impressed with the beautiful bags and awesome gifts. Can't wait for my box to arrive!

Of course not.

When I was on VB, I looked forward to the next Christmas exchange the minute the last one was done. :D

That reminds me. I think we should all tell Karl that we need some Christmas smilies on VV.

I was already thinking about the next exchange as well. I had an idea at the office that I was wondering if we could implement. It would be really fun to do a hand-made craft exchange. I know not everyone here does a craft, like I do with my knitting, but we could expand it to include crafts made by your family members or local artists. Nearly everyone has SOMEONE in their area that sells artwork, or needlecrafts, or handmade soaps or jams, or nifty jewelry from recycled things. It would be fun, unique and it would be supporting local artists who could definitely use a boost in today's economy. I thought it might be nice to do as part of the Christmas exchange, since holiday craft fairs are common this time of year. Thoughts, anyone?

Yes! I really wanted to take part in this one. Stupid moving house.

I was already thinking about the next exchange as well. I had an idea at the office that I was wondering if we could implement. It would be really fun to do a hand-made craft exchange. I know not everyone here does a craft, like I do with my knitting, but we could expand it to include crafts made by your family members or local artists. Nearly everyone has SOMEONE in their area that sells artwork, or needlecrafts, or handmade soaps or jams, or nifty jewelry from recycled things. It would be fun, unique and it would be supporting local artists who could definitely use a boost in today's economy. I thought it might be nice to do as part of the Christmas exchange, since holiday craft fairs are common this time of year. Thoughts, anyone?

I think this is something people tend to do anyway... I got some beautiful handmade notebooks from Virpukka a few years back (that are still in use!), and although I'm useless at crafty stuff myself, I tend to include things from our local markets. I've seen loads more examples. I think it's definitely something that could be highlighted and encouraged in the sign up/info thread, but the option/final decision should definitely be up to the sender. I always liked that the only rule in terms of content was that everything had to be vegan.

I would rather participate in a handmade only exchange. Money is an issue for a lot of people now and the trend has become to send a massive box of food which, although nice to receive, costs a lot. And people feel bad if they've stuck to the spending recommendation and others have sent a lavish parcel. I can't see myself being able to participate in these unless there is a spending/item limit that people stick to. If we say it has to be homemade or local, that should result in much smaller but more special packages.

I would rather participate in a handmade only exchange. Money is an issue for a lot of people now and the trend has become to send a massive box of food which, although nice to receive, costs a lot. And people feel bad if they've stuck to the spending recommendation and others have sent a lavish parcel. I can't see myself being able to participate in these unless there is a spending/item limit that people stick to. If we say it has to be homemade or local, that should result in much smaller but more special packages.

Oooh, a homemade exchange would be awesome. I love giving and receiving anything homemade.

Exactly. It's nice trying new edible goodies but sometimes it can be hard to keep the packages sensibly sized. I often feel nervous that my packages won't "measure up". My favorite parts of the package I receive are often the ones I can enjoy for years to come, long after the snacks have been devoured.

I remember my very first VB exchange was a card with a movie gift card enclosed. The next year I received a beautiful mug made by an artist in the sender's area. Not sure how the exchanges grew and grew. I've learned to shop all year. When I see something on sale that would be nice for a box,I add it to the stash. That way, when the actual exchange comes around, it's not that much of an expense, to send a pretty decent box.
Having said that, I was entertaining the idea of an ornament exchange or something crafty-that would be fun and much easier on the pocketbook-and homemade things are always great. I'm just the "matcher upper" and will be happy with whatever we decide. The fun part of the exchange is the personal connections made and getting to know each other better. Maybe we could start a thread around the end of October and have everyone post their ideas. What do you think,folks?

goodies1.JPG

goodies2.JPG

I got my package today!! :starshower:

My sender was GingerFoxx. I LOVE everything she picked out. It was all so perfect and I am blown away by her knit crafting talents!

My package included:
a hand knitted scarf- which is not only beautiful, but will no doubt come in handy this winter!
a hand knitted purse/bag - again beautiful job AND it has a chihuhua on the front and back! So fitting and personalized for me.
also included were a few of her favorite things such as:
Nag Champa incense- Which smells amazing and I can't wait to use it.
Shea Butter soap- Also smells wonderful and I look forward to using that as well.
Organic Iced Tea- I will be making some of that soon!
and some Trader Joes Pretzel Slims that will go perfect with my iced tea.

I truly appreciate every single item I got and want to thank you GingerFoxx for making it so special. I can't stop sniffing it all because it all smells so good! Thanks again! :)

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I am glad you liked it. Those pretzel chips are one of my new favorite snacks, because they are tasty and crunchy but not super unhealthy. I was introduced to nag champa incense by my yoga instructor friend who used to burn some before and during class. Now I use it at home on days I want to just breathe deeply and relax. As far as the knitted goodies... everyone needs a good scarf if they live where it's chilly, plus sometimes they are just a fun accessory. Just a warning about the bag, I was still questioning the stability of the strap when I sent it, but if for some reason it comes apart on you, the bag would double as a really nice pillowcase, pajama bag, or even pet bed, if you put a small pillow or some old clothes in it. See that? Multipurpose ^_-

Reactions: thefadedone
I got my parcel from Virpukka this morning.:starshower: I had just made myself some tea and was looking for something sweet to eat with it and the doorbell rang so it was perfect timing.:master:

001-7.jpg

I was so impressed by the blue bag which Virpukka made herself! I'm going to use that when I next go out. The homemade card was so cute too. Half the treats have been devoured already.:p I'm about to make a pot of tea with the tea she sent me.

ETA - Added pics of the bag:

001-9.jpg

003-4.jpg

Gizmo tried to take a nap on the bag.

Thank you so much!:)xxxxx

I am glad you liked it. Those pretzel chips are one of my new favorite snacks, because they are tasty and crunchy but not super unhealthy. I was introduced to nag champa incense by my yoga instructor friend who used to burn some before and during class. Now I use it at home on days I want to just breathe deeply and relax. As far as the knitted goodies... everyone needs a good scarf if they live where it's chilly, plus sometimes they are just a fun accessory. Just a warning about the bag, I was still questioning the stability of the strap when I sent it, but if for some reason it comes apart on you, the bag would double as a really nice pillowcase, pajama bag, or even pet bed, if you put a small pillow or some old clothes in it. See that? Multipurpose ^_-

Thanks again GingerFoxx! I am enjoying everything. I've been burning the incense and it smells so good! I never realized Nag Champa was so wonderful. Thanks for introducing me to it. You're right, it is very relaxing. I am still amazed at your talents. Hell, everyone in this thread seems to be super crafty and talented! I'm so blown away by seeing all the craftiness! (I think a homemade/craft swap would be awesome btw.)

Don't worry I will make good use out of that bag. I've already thought of several things I could use it for and you've just given me more :).

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I got my parcel from Virpukka this morning.:starshower: I had just made myself some tea and was looking for something sweet to eat with it and the doorbell rang so it was perfect timing.:master:

001-7.jpg

I was so impressed by the blue bag which Virpukka made herself! I'm going to use that when I next go out. The homemade card was so cute too. Half the treats have been devoured already.:p I'm about to make a pot of tea with the tea she sent me.

Thank you so much!:)xxxxx

I'm so happy that the package got there safely and this quickly. I had post guy behind my back waiting to get the box so that he can leave so that is why the address was written on such piece of paper and there wasn't my information at all on the box lol. But it's all good since you got it without a hitch. And happy to hear that the blue bag was good. I have been studying fabric printing and dyeing at school on this fall and it was nice to use the fabric I made in school to something nice....and good that the sweet tooth got something also ;)

My box has arrived, and it was well worth the wait!
My sender was the one and only the fadedone.
:pickle::drool::lick:

veganbags.jpg

veganbox.jpg

Try not to be jealous because I have four bags. I love them all and they will most definitely be put to good use.
Now, on to the treats..

Two kinds of teas-
Chocolate Berry Earl Grey (that's right, chocolate). I immediately had a cup and it was awesome.
Organic Earl Grey (my favorite tea)
Olive bread sticks, which I had for dinner with my soup-absolutely delicious.
Sesame bars (gluten free, which is a plus)
Lemon bar (smells divine) We have a road trip this coming weekend and I'm going to try my best not to eat my bars till then.
Mambas! Sour Mambas! I had no idea they were vegan. My daughter and I have already eaten half the package.
A sample sized WayFare "pig out" vegan bacony bits with a cute little piggy picture on front. I have plans to use them in a batch of baked beans.
Candles that smell like fresh strawberries. When I first opened the box, the fragrance was so nice.
Spicy chili pepper olives, of which I have devoured half-so good.
Thank you so much for a wonderful box of goodies. I absolutely love each and every thing, and the fact that you went to the trouble of picking out such nice things event though you were fighting through illness makes it all the more special.:hug:

^You're very welcome! I'm happy to hear that it arrived safely and that you enjoy it! Honestly I had more to send , but I ran out of room in the box for it all.:p I wasn't a fan of that Chocolate Berry Earl Grey tea so it's great to know you like it and that it's not going to go to waste hanging around my cabinet. I'm so glad you like everything. :) I am disappointed that I didn't get a post card for you though. I couldn't find anywhere around here that sells them. I will continue to be on the look out though for one and as soon as I get it I will mail it out to you.

I'm looking forward to the next exchange!

^You're very welcome! I'm happy to hear that it arrived safely and that you enjoy it! Honestly I had more to send , but I ran out of room in the box for it all.:p I wasn't a fan of that Chocolate Berry Earl Grey tea so it's great to know you like it and that it's not going to go to waste hanging around my cabinet. I'm so glad you like everything. :) I am disappointed that I didn't get a post card for you though. I couldn't find anywhere around here that sells them. I will continue to be on the look out though for one and as soon as I get it I will mail it out to you.

I'm looking forward to the next exchange!

Same here! My daughter gave me chocolate tea for Christmas once, and I was hooked. It's completely OK about the post card. I know they're not always easy to find. Thanks again.