Package Exchange Fall Exchange Photo Thead

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Time to post your pics of those wonderful boxes of goodness, reveal and thank your senders so we can ooh and aah over the fabulousness of it all!

I received a box of goodness from Amy SF. There is no picture thanks to my boys tearing into the box like Christmas morning. There was a ton of goodies in the box, and we loved every single one of them. She also sent a reusable bag, and a lovely note. Thank you so much. :smitten:

Opened my box a short while ago! It is from sallyomally who IRL is my "name twin" (we share the same first name).

It was filled with all sorts of awesomeness!

DSC_8939.JPG

Hubby already opened the bag of beaver nuggets. :D
Can't wait to try the salsa, I am a salsa fanatic. And the chips will be perfect.
The soap and lotion smell lovely, nice and light. The cow scrubbie is awesome.
Chili anything is fantastic.
The tamarind candy looks interesting, something I have never tried before.
Swedish Fish and giant Smarties, LOVE!
The sweet tea will be coming to work with me tomorrow.
The postcards are great and can't figure out where I want to plant the wildflower seeds. I am thinking back yard.
The note pad is going right in my car as I am always looking for something to write on, so perfect!
The reusable bag is so pretty and is close to my heart as I have a sister who is a bc survivor and have lost several friends and acquaintances.

Thank you so much my good friend!

Hugs!

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
Opened my box a short while ago! It is from sallyomally who IRL is my "name twin" (we share the same first name).

It was filled with all sorts of awesomeness!

Hubby already opened the bag of beaver nuggets. :D
Can't wait to try the salsa, I am a salsa fanatic. And the chips will be perfect.
The soap and lotion smell lovely, nice and light. The cow scrubbie is awesome.
Chili anything is fantastic.
The tamarind candy looks interesting, something I have never tried before.
Swedish Fish and giant Smarties, LOVE!
The sweet tea will be coming to work with me tomorrow.
The postcards are great and can't figure out where I want to plant the wildflower seeds. I am thinking back yard.
The note pad is going right in my car as I am always looking for something to write on, so perfect!
The reusable bag is so pretty and is close to my heart as I have a sister who is a bc survivor and have lost several friends and acquaintances.

Thank you so much my good friend!

Hugs!

I'm so happy to hear you liked everything! It was fun picking them out.
As for the wildflower seeds, I recommend back yard (maybe in a corner spot) because they grow at different rates and at times look like a bunch of weeds,then out of the blue-flowers! Let me know what you think of the tamarind candy-it's very popular here and does have an unusual flavor.My daughter and were introduced by some Hispanic friends and were hooked right away.We like the sweet/sour/spicy combo taste and since you're a fan of spicy I immediately thought to send you some.
Enjoy your treats. Hope hubby likes the Buc-ees!

I received a box of goodness from Amy SF. There is no picture thanks to my boys tearing into the box like Christmas morning. There was a ton of goodies in the box, and we loved every single one of them. She also sent a reusable bag, and a lovely note. Thank you so much. :smitten:

I was once on the receiving end of an Amy SF box of goodness as well,and it was awesome!

:D

You're welcome. :D

I thought we were only supposed to pick one or two items to send in our bags, because this was the first VV exchange..... I was going to mail mine today, but now I am worried I should hold off until I can afford to fill it with more goodies..... Time to do some last-minute scrounging...

I thought we were only supposed to pick one or two items to send in our bags

Yes, exactly, I thought it was supposed to be a small exchange. :( I feel bad now as I could only send a couple of things in my parcel as I couldn't get out to buy more stuff with my bad wrist and I asked my husband to buy a couple more little bits but he helpfully bought non-vegan items so I couldn't send them.:rolleyes:

I love this idea but my box would probably just be a pack of Frys creme bars and some ready salted crisps haha.

I received my parcel last week. I haven't been able to take any photos yet (I need to find my camera!) so I haven't touched any of the goodies that are in it.

But who sent me it? There was no name! :(

Sorry, it was me Annia. :oops: I only realised when I got to the post office that I couldn't write a card to tell you who it was from because of my wrist!:rofl:

Reactions: KLS52
Sorry, it was me Annia. :oops: I only realised when I got to the post office that I couldn't write a card to tell you who it was from because of my wrist!:rofl:

I thought it might have been you!

I love the bag! And those are my favourite face mask things from Superdug :D
I can't remember what else was in it right now as I'm in college and the parcel is at home :oops:

Yes, exactly, I thought it was supposed to be a small exchange. :( I feel bad now as I could only send a couple of things in my parcel as I couldn't get out to buy more stuff with my bad wrist and I asked my husband to buy a couple more little bits but he helpfully bought non-vegan items so I couldn't send them.:rolleyes:

It is the thought that counts. :smitten:

Reactions: sallyomally
Definitely supposed to be a small exchange so not to worry. Sally was extra generous as I never received a package from the last VB exchange and I jumped in on another previous exchange when her sender never sent her a package so I sent one. And we are name twins. :D

Definitely supposed to be a small exchange so not to worry. Sally was extra generous as I never received a package from the last VB exchange and I jumped in on another previous exchange when her sender never sent her a package so I sent one. And we are name twins. :D

Exactly. SD was sent a little extra since she was so nice to me in the past. Her sender disappeared on the last exchange leaving her without a box,so I wanted hers to be special. You all did the right thing. We intended this to be a small scale exchange, but if some of us wanted to send a bit extra, that's fine as well. No worries.

I sent more than I should have because I'm totally insane. :p I like giving gifts. Nobody should base their packages on my packages because I'm totally nuts. Send what you want and don't worry about it. It's all good, and it's all appreciated. Yes, it's the thought that counts. :)

092412 003a.jpg

I am almost at a loss for words with how utterly delighted I am with my package. My sender was swamp-dweller, to whom I know I have sent packages in two previous exchanges. I suspect she has been eager to see that she got to reciprocate... Honestly, she did a spot-on job! Included in my box were:
- not one but TWO canvas bags
- 3 bars of all natural avocado shea butter soap
- a box of gluten-free cinnamon cookies (I <3 cinnamon),
- a package of quinoa pilaf
- apple cinnamon fruit chips
- cran-blueberry almond rice sticks
- Nature's Path Love Crunch apple pie granola (I love this stuff for snacking AND baking muffins)
- two toys for my cats (on top of the cookie box)
- two jars of spices, one is green Thai curry seasoning, the other is paprika lemon lime seasoning (I can't wait to try these, I love thai and spicy things),
- a pouch of loose organic black tea, which is beyond excellent, because I was almost out of tea and would have needed to get more this week...
- and finally a little ornamental fox, holding a flower. Could it be more fitting? I think not!
I truly cannot express how overwhelmed and thrilled I am right now. Everything in this box is something I would have picked for myself, but most of it I likely never would have bought on my own. I am excited to try all of it. I think I might bring the fox to work to brighten up my desk and keep it save from curious paws... Thank you, really and truly.