End of free speech in Britain

Sally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Has anyone picked up on the terrifying precedent being set by Amber Rudd's unilateral decision to make it a criminal act to support a far-right terror group no-one I know had ever heard of until now?

Once you put aside your feelings about the terror group named, it is important to consider the Act she is using the terrorism laws to put into place. From what I understand this Act will be about criminalising your opinions, not just your actions.

Voltaire said "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it." This right that millions of people died to protect in two world wars is being taken away from us.

Is that okay with everyone? It seems to be as nobody seems to be questioning it. I'm glad I'm oldish because the world that is coming is going to be a terrible one if nobody stands up to prevent it happening.

Reactions: UK Chap in Q8
No its definitely not ok with me!

I have observed that since 9/11 we have become scared of our own shadows and that the binary (with us or the Terrorists) narrative coupled with hive thinking is the dominant force nowadays.

Politicians knee jerk reaction that ride rough shod over individual rights and freedoms are ignored by those who feel disenfranchised by the whole political process and are too self centered too care. #ProjectFear

She is only continuing the work of Maggie "Kitten Heeled Jackboots" May!

They fear what they cant control!

A few Quotes :)

“Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
Neil Gaiman

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
George Orwell

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”
United Nations, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”
Brian Cox

“I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.”
James Madison

Last edited:
Reactions: anarchist100
So nice that someone agrees with me. Many people I have raised it with think it's a good idea. Even though we already have the crime of "aiding and abetting" which should already cover it. Millions of people died to protect our freedoms and now it is being given away.

The "Sheeple" are drinking the "kool aid"

I spent many years in the UK military supposedly defend to our freedoms and rights, that many in the rest of the world look at with envy.

All I see is a gradual tightening of State control influence and interference in everyday lives.

Reeducation is what is required not this "Nanny knows best" drival.

Any form of contrary opinion or observation is now radical!!!

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
George Washington

“My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, any place, any time. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line, and kiss my ***.”
Christopher Hitchens

Last edited:
Reactions: anarchist100