Elon musk predicts a vegan colony on mars

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Interesting!

I am pretty pessimistic about space travel though. Going to Mars is the new fusion power...perpetually 20 years off. 10 years off is just laughable...I guess when you're trying to profit off a space travel company you need to sell optimism. I would be genuinely thrilled to be proven wrong on that however.

it would have to be, out of pure necessity

I want to be the first vegan on Mars!:cool:

Reactions: Lou
it would have to be, out of pure necessity

Hmm. I wonder if I dug up some 60-year-old Popular Science magazines, would they show cattle and chickens on Mars.
Many of my science fiction novels include colonists bringing domesticated farm animals to planets as embryos.

Hawking said colonizing Mars is 100 years minimum, 300 years max, because you have to artificially grow the planet before you even populate it.

Putting vegans on a new planet seemed to be the idea in Genesis so this may have been done before. It suggests God is some ancient form of likely Martian human who was orchestrating a new planet after they destroyed the last one. Looking at Mars indeed suggests massive nuclear war, perhaps. It's an "out there" hypothesis but there you have it.

Actually on second thought Elon Musk could be making a brilliant social move here. A lot of the asshats who resist any care for our environment on earth, who make bacon jokes, etc are the same people who believe Mars is just a credit card swipe away. This could be strategic vegan activism.

• Haha
Reactions: Lou