Easy, simple and free hairdos

I wish I had a suggestion or two for you, StrangeOtter. I have curly hair, but not as curly as KLS's. I would call mine loose curls, but the frizz is a real problem when it rains or when it's humid. I lose the definition in the curls and my hair inflates into a messy, frizzy, unstyled disaster. I obsess about my hair as well, lol. I have mine short because I don't have the patience to let it grow long anymore, haha. I actually like it shorter these days.

I do agree that a bob is pretty easy to style and maintain. I had a keratin blowout once, and I had straight hair for about six months. I had a bob and bangs, and what I loved about it was that I could let my hair dry naturally and it still looked good! That does not happen with my curly hair, unfortunately. I do blow mine out straight sometimes, but like KLS, it never turns out the same way and it's such a pain in the neck most of the time. Summer is great for me, because I just put some curl definition cream in it after I've showered, let it dry and then fluff it out a little with my fingers.
Perhaps it would be wise to adopt the mindset of: Life is short, so is my hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut my own hair, and I keep it very short. I also cut my sister's hair.

my hair is very fine and limp, and there's less of it every year. It's never looked good long; it does best in a Judi Dench - like cut.

I cut my own hair, and I keep it very short. I also cut my sister's hair.

my hair is very fine and limp, and there's less of it every year. It's never looked good long; it does best in a Judi Dench - like cut.
Wow, that's really short. But you and me, we most likely have very similar hair, according to your description. Do you use hairspray to maintain your hairdo?

Wow, that's really short. But you and me, we most likely have very similar hair, according to your description. Do you use hairspray to maintain your hairdo?
No - I can't stand the stuff! I don't use any gel or anything like that either, although I sometimes did in the past. But hairspray is a firm no go for me.

What I find works for my hair is washing it before going to bed. It seems to have more body that way. I just run my fingers through it to "style" it.

I wish I had a suggestion or two for you, StrangeOtter. I have curly hair, but not as curly as KLS's. I would call mine loose curls, but the frizz is a real problem when it rains or when it's humid. I lose the definition in the curls and my hair inflates into a messy, frizzy, unstyled disaster. I obsess about my hair as well, lol. I have mine short because I don't have the patience to let it grow long anymore, haha. I actually like it shorter these days.

I do agree that a bob is pretty easy to style and maintain. I had a keratin blowout once, and I had straight hair for about six months. I had a bob and bangs, and what I loved about it was that I could let my hair dry naturally and it still looked good! That does not happen with my curly hair, unfortunately. I do blow mine out straight sometimes, but like KLS, it never turns out the same way and it's such a pain in the neck most of the time. Summer is great for me, because I just put some curl definition cream in it after I've showered, let it dry and then fluff it out a little with my fingers.
My boyfriend has wavy curly hair, that looks always amazing. And he never even brushes it. It's weird, his hair just happens to be perfect every day, without any extra maintenance or care, aside from washing it.

Reactions: PTree15
No - I can't stand the stuff! I don't use any gel or anything like that either, although I sometimes did in the past. But hairspray is a firm no go for me.

What I find works for my hair is washing it before going to bed. It seems to have more body that way. I just run my fingers through it to "style" it.
You don't have to use hairspray? That's amazing! Thank you for sharing your ideas.

By the way, I was thinking, since you cut your hair at home... Do you have any particular method for cutting it? Does it require some sort of equipment aside from scissors?

It’s easy when you are blessed with an amazing face. 😊
Yeah... and when I cut my hair, I'll end up looking like a 15 year old boy. But then again, I apparently look like a boy with long hair as well, so I won't lose anything.... Sigh.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
This tutorial is the best. And I have decided to follow the instructions.
The woman says that she has given up and lets her hair do what it naturally does, and that sounds simple and easy enough.
I don't care how it looks like anymore... I'm just fed up waking up looking like a wood goblin, trying to brush my unmanageable hair in a hurry before going to work.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
That’s a cool video! I’m hoping that one day I will wake up and just be comfortable/happy with myself, so that I can cut my hair into a short/easy carefree style and critics be damned. :)

That’s a cool video! I’m hoping that one day I will wake up and just be comfortable/happy with myself, so that I can cut my hair into a short/easy carefree style and critics be damned. :)
Critics Shall Be Damned!
They have no power here. :laughing:

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Thank you all!

I think I had made up my mind several years ago to cut my hair off...
But what I needed was to someone say that IT'S OKAY to do so.

I needed encouragement and that's what all of you have given me.

So Thank You So Much KLS52, PTree15 and Mischief. :heart_eyes:
You are all amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
So judging by your post in the health challenge thread, you did it?!?!?!
It's still a work-in-progress, to be honest, because I lack the equipment.
But yes, I did cut my hair off to a very short bob, as starters.
I used to have hair so long it reached my butt and it's all gone.
And I am very pleased.

Another one here with fine, thin hair. My ponytails are like the diameter of my index finger. (When I say long, I mean it's just touching my collar bone.) I've cut my hair short - pixie short - a few times in my life. I love it and hate it at the same time. It's a LOT of maintenance. And, I just spent the last 3 years growing it out. My "bangs" are still growing out. Honestly, I just let it do its thing now. I'm trying to love my hair for what it is, but it's hard sometimes.

In my fantasies, it looks like this, only dark brown with the greys coming in (not fast enough, TBH - I envy those with beautiful silver hair):

And, I can kind of get it to look like that if I want, but who has the time (and where am I going now?)?? lol

But I say cut it! It's really quite liberating and I personally think women are beautiful with short hair. Go for it!! <3