Vegan Easy Pizza Dough

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
370 g flour ( 1/2 spelt 1/2 strong '00')
7 g fast active yeast (sachet)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tbs olive oil
225 ml - 250 ml of warm water

Add the yeast, sugar and a 1/3 of the warm water into a bowl. Stir with a spoon and
leave for approx 10 mins until it starts to froth.
Sieve the flour and salt into a large baking bowl make a well. Add the yeast mixture and gently
add the remaining water and olive oil until you obtain a slightly sticky dough. If you are using spelt
or wholemeal flour, you may need a little extra water. Knead the dough on a lightly
floured board until you obtain a soft ball. Place into a bowl and cover with a clean
tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place, until doubled for 1 - 2 hours.

Place the dough onto a floured board and roll out with a floured rolling pin.
Add your pizza toppings and bake oven 230°C 20 mins. or less depending on your oven. You can also
use a pizza stone to obtain a crispier base.

Tip : You can subsitute the spelt/wholemeal flour for '00' strong flour.
Allinson White Strong Bread Flour

PIZZA DOUGH   1.jpg

Last edited:
Pizza Margherita  3.jpg

This pizza was made with Violife pizza cheese. You can see the difference between the 2 photos. The one made with Violife has a more melty texture compared to Tesco's Free From.

I know this is a fairly old thread but I have to defend the olive tree, as I live in Andalucia for 6 months in winter. So I eat quite a lot of olives, say 6 every day and sometimes more. I make nearly all our food from fresh ingredients and generally put no salt in the mix. As a result I sometimes get cramp (despite the banana and the magnesium tablet) because I don't eat enough salt. While walking the dogs last night Jesus and Carmen asked me back to their place and gave me a jar of beautiful green olives from Cordoba. They are delicious and have important health-giving properties - they're central to the Mediterranean diet and people never die here! And btw those pizzas look great. Friday night we go out for vegan pizzas in Malaga. Some olive trees have lived for 2000 years here and one is 3000 years old, 1000 years before Caesar and Cleopatra!

Reactions: MadamSarcastra