Easy cake recipe

Mark Mywordz

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for a vegan cake recipe which is easy and quick (apart from oven time) to make. I don't mind artificial sweeteners, especially stevia, but I don't want to use honey, maple syrup or any other sweetener which adds loads of carbs and cals. I don't want too many ingredients or any ingredients which I could not find easily in a bog standard, basic European supermarket (Lidl, Tesco, Mercadona etc.). It does not have to be gluten free and it can include ordinary flour.
About me:
I am new to veganism, though I have been vegetarian for more than 30 years. I don't eat cakes every day, so the carbs and cals don't really matter but I have a strong aversion to sugar and similar things (e.g. honey), however "healthy" they are. As a vegetarian I have really enjoyed cheesecake, especially German baked cheesecake but I prefer to go without cheesecake for the rest of my life rather than compromise too much on taste or the number of ingredients or anything which is not easy to find in almost all European supermarkets. I am pleased that veganism gives animals a better quality of life but my main motivation, I must admit, is that veganism is healthier for me. I am not the youngest bunny here and I have managed to encourage my sons and grandsons to go veggie too - veganism might be a harder sell but I will try. My daughter-in-law was already vegetarian.
Mark

I highly recommend two cookbooks for you- The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick- Goudrou, and Have Your Cake and Vegan Too by Chris Colecheck. All my best cakes have come from recipes out of the second cookbook. VegWeb has many good cake recipies too along with VeganBaking.net

I highly recommend two cookbooks for you- The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick- Goudrou, and Have Your Cake and Vegan Too by Chris Colecheck. All my best cakes have come from recipes out of the second cookbook. VegWeb has many good cake recipies too along with VeganBaking.net
That's very helpful, Janatari. Thank you very much.