Does anyone here still use real film for photographs?

D

Digger

Just wondering if anyone else here still uses film (rather than digital) to make photographs and what your reasoning is for that? My dad died very young and I still have his Ciro Graflex 35mm camera that he taught me photography on as a boy. He bought it in the 50's before he got shipped out to Korea (he was a Navy man). Obviously it has incredible sentimental value and I love using it, but other than that, is there any advantage to film over digital? He even left me some old flashbulbs. :p

I like the excitement of developing photos that you dont get with digitial. obviously, the downside is cost. and that you dont get to see the photos, haha. ive toyed with the idea of buying a film camera (one of these hipster style things) but i'd have to get it developed online and thats EFFORT compared to just plugging in a cord to see the pics.

I've had a Holga for years. It has been a while since I used it, though, because film is pricey after a while. I liked the photos I was able to get from it, though.
5747960612_48625b325a_z.jpg

Unless your extremely rich and can afford a top-end digital you're going to get better pictures and more flexibility with film.
-That being said, I still use my digital more than my film camera now as I carry less equipment and can take many more pictures without the cost of film and developing. Plus I can alter them easier on the computer.