Deodorant?

Damo

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I generally don't wear deodorant, I'm luckily enough to not smell or at least shower before I get the chance to start smelling. But, It's starting to get warmer and I'm a little more active than I used to be so I'm in need of deodorant.

What do you use? What do you recommend?

Seems like a good place to start looking, I've Googled but I thought I'd see what everyone else uses here.

I actually use the one from M&S... they do like an aloe vera roll on one which smells pretty good :)

Crystal Spring Salt of the Earth deodorant is lovely, you can get a spray bottle or a stick. Even if it breaks there is no horrid smell, it's excellent and is available at Holland and Barrett.

I've used Mitchum deodorant (in the UK) since bring vegan, I researched them and found that they are accidentally vegan, not only not testing on animal but have no animal products either :) hope that this is helpful :)

I am making my own deodorant in spray bottle with distilled water and essentials oils from lemon and orange.

I have been using a crystal for years and I love it.
crystal_deodorant.jpg

Emma JC

Reactions: NatalieFlora
Make a dry paste of corn starch (about 1/2 cup) and baking soda (about 2-3 Tbsp) with at least 10 drops of tea tree oil (kills bacteria, fungus and viruses) with 15-25 drops of your favorite essential oil: good options are lavender oil, orange or lemon oil, patchouli or sandalwood, or gardenia. Obviously the cheaper the oil the further it will go to serve you, but you may have a favorite scent you like to splurge on.

Then add just enough coconut oil as a base - you definitely don't want a liquid, but just to make the powder into more of a deodorant paste you can apply with your finger tips.

Store in an airtight container such a Mason jar or a small Tupperware or Glad re-usable storage container.

Last edited:
Crystal Spring Salt of the Earth deodorant is lovely, you can get a spray bottle or a stick. Even if it breaks there is no horrid smell, it's excellent and is available at Holland and Barrett.

Yes I like the Crystal roll-on in lavender. It's super convenient for camping trips, other travel, or on-going hot sweaty weather but making your own also works if you're staying at home, because it's cheaper and effective though a bit messy. I've even used plain baking soda and drop or two of tea tree oil under each arm in a pinch.

Taking fenugreek also cuts down on unpleasant body odor. It makes you smell sort of like maple syrup.

coconut oil is awesome! Some mentioned mitchum but sadly Revlon make it. they sell in china. it's super hard to find cruelty free stuff.

I generally don't wear deodorant, I'm luckily enough to not smell or at least shower before I get the chance to start smelling. But, It's starting to get warmer and I'm a little more active than I used to be so I'm in need of deodorant.

What do you use? What do you recommend?
if you are looking for a more natural deodorant, definitely try this one! It does take a few minutes to dry, but I just continue with my morning routine while it's drying. It has a good smell, but it's not too strong. It lasts all day for me. However, if I get too sweaty, I do notice it feels somewhat sticky. It is not enough to bother me, but this may not be suitable for those who are heavy sweaters
Helpful

try this one!

this one? Uhm, which one would that be? I didn't see a link or product name.

I used to use Tom's, myself, but the price has gone throught the roof. I'm also looking for an alternative. Lately I've been using a crystal stick, which works okay, but as the weather warms up, I also find it ineffective for the entire day.

https://www.thecrystal.com/

this one? Uhm, which one would that be? I didn't see a link or product name.

I used to use Tom's, myself, but the price has gone throught the roof. I'm also looking for an alternative. Lately I've been using a crystal stick, which works okay, but as the weather warms up, I also find it ineffective for the entire day.

https://www.thecrystal.com/
I'm talking about the crystal natural deodorant and all it's process how it gets lighter as day warming up, the problem is with this deo is it is natural as sweat came out it's become sticky and I find myself lucky as I don't sweat lot otherwise it creates many problems

Schmidt's is the best deodorant by far. It is $9, but worth it! I had a hard time trying it because it was pricey, but I gave it a chance and it is amazing. It is natural and vegan :)

if you are looking for a more natural deodorant, definitely try this one! It does take a few minutes to dry, but I just continue with my morning routine while it's drying. It has a good smell, but it's not too strong. It lasts all day for me. However, if I get too sweaty, I do notice it feels somewhat sticky. It is not enough to bother me, but this may not be suitable for those who are heavy sweaters
Helpful
There are quite a number of natural deodorants out there that can be used. Being vegan we are quite stern with the types of doeodorants we put under our arms. Click here to see some natural deodorants that are worth trying!