December Health Challenge (2016)

I have taken the past couple of days off. I just wanted to sleep in and not have to schlep my stuff to work, lol. Tomorrow, if the weather is not awful, I plan on doing my city walk and maybe hitting ION restaurant for lunch. After the new year, I'm going on a strict savings plan (yet again, haha) because I am bound and determined to put away a good chunk of money.

So I gain 3.4lbs in a week on my 2,000 calorie maintenance budget..... What... the... actual F :mad:

So I gain 3.4lbs in a week on my 2,000 calorie maintenance budget..... What... the... actual F :mad:
Grrr, that's aggravating for sure, but maybe it's just your body adjusting to the new limit. Also, you could have fluid. Weight fluctuates so much, even in a day. Maybe you could adjust it to 1,800 or so to see if that works. What was your previous weight-loss calorie budget?

Grrr, that's aggravating for sure, but maybe it's just your body adjusting to the new limit. Also, you could have fluid. Weight fluctuates so much, even in a day. Maybe you could adjust it to 1,800 or so to see if that works. What was your previous weight-loss calorie budget?

My budget before was 1,098... I'm back down to that budget until I get my weight back down to where I want to be. I'm thinking going from a budget of 1,098 up to 2,075 was too steep a jump too fast. I think what I'll try doing is increasing my budget by 100 calories each week until I get up to 1,800 - 2,000'ish, then maybe I'll be stable and maintaining. I can understand having weeks where I'm up a pound or pound and a half, maybe as much as two pounds... But 3.4lbs whoa, no!

My budget before was 1,098... I'm back down to that budget until I get my weight back down to where I want to be. I'm thinking going from a budget of 1,098 up to 2,075 was too steep a jump too fast. I think what I'll try doing is increasing my budget by 100 calories each week until I get up to 1,800 - 2,000'ish, then maybe I'll be stable and maintaining. I can understand having weeks where I'm up a pound or pound and a half, maybe as much as two pounds... But 3.4lbs whoa, no!
Wow, indeed that is a big jump in the budget. I thought maybe you were going from 1,500 or so to 2,000. I agree with your plan. I think gradual is better.

I decided to weigh in again this morning. 130.8... Damn it body! You insensitive *****, stop toying with my emotions like that!

I have ended the year on a high exercise note: I did my city walk and some extra for 6-plus miles. :D

I think that the most important factor is that you always have a regular lifestyle; your food plan and exercise is always stable. Crash diets and strenuous exercise aren't healthy.

I think that the most important factor is that you always have a regular lifestyle; your food plan and exercise is always stable. Crash diets and strenuous exercise aren't healthy.
Thank you, shyvas, I really have tried to make this about lifestyle changes. It took me a lot of years to finally get here, but I am so glad I did. It's a much more sane way for me to keep my weight in check and make sure I get enough exercise so that I can do the other fun things I enjoy, like hiking and cycling.

I like to think of eating (which I love to do, haha) as a way to fuel my body, along with being a wonderful social activity. :D When I am in that mindset, I make much better choices. And I still indulge. The whole deprivation thing was a vicious cycle of yo-yo dieting, and I'm happy to be off that merry-go-round. I am always alert to signs of slipping, though, because I don't want to be unhealthy. When things start of feel off-track, I go back to more vigilant portion control. There is always room for a treat, though, haha!