Curious Newbie Here

Grayveggie

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Greetings and Salutations! Just want to introduce myself, I'm Middleagedseeker and as my name says, I'm a middle aged person seeking information/support about vegetarian/vegan life. I started out this year with doing "meatless Monday's" and now find myself avoiding meat but still eating eggs and dairy. I want to eventually give that up as well. Friends and coworkers say I'm going through a mid-life crisis, but this is something I feel very strongly in my heart that I not only want, but need to do. I have been curious about a veggie lifestyle for awhile now and finally decided to go for it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 147
Hi and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!
You are most certainly in the right place for your dietary inspirations:broccoli:
From a fellow-transitioner:wave:

To some extent I think "mid life crisis" can be an overrated phrase thrown about by people who aren't particularly seeking to understand someone's situation and just find it easier to label it in some way.

There is a very strong argument for vegetarianism and veganism on ethical and environmental grounds as I found when I looked at the subject at the end of last year and decided to make some changes in my own life.

Eggs was one of the first things I ever gave up, and it is one of the more intensively cruel foods. Could that be a good next step?

Do you have any particular uncertainties or questions? There are some very knowledgeable and smart people here that could probably help you out.

Good luck!