Cruelty free milk

More ethical than regular old factory-farmed dairy. If I weren't lactose intolerant, and felt like I absolutely had to have dairy in my life, I'd go for something like this. But it still involves breeding cows for the express purpose of providing humans with something, which isn't great.

Reactions: PTree15
Hopefully it will make sex selection of calves more prevalent.

I'd rather have soya milk etc though, myself.

It does sound better then most factory farms in terms of space, but it doesn't sound cruelty-free nor sustainable for long. Eventually, they will have more non-producing males and elderly or worn out females then they can afford to care for.

They don't say what happens to the male chicks, so I'm guessing they buy females only from a company that kills the males. If they are only using rescued female hens, their egg production has already dropped drastically by the time they get them, which is why the factories want to get rid of them.

And they don't mention if the calves actually get to be with their mothers and drink milk directly from them, or if they are separated right away, or after a few days or weeks. Calves usually nurse for 9-12 months and will continue for almost two years if allowed and the mother isn't pregnant again. If they are making money off the milk, I doubt they are going to allow them to nurse for very long, if at all. How many times are they going to impregnate them to keep them producing and how often?

They don't address any of this on their website, which makes it appear they probably do the less humane option.

Also, per their FB page, they are presently selling factory farmed cheese, which is confusing, since their company is supposed to be about providing cruelty-free products.

Nothing taken from an animal is cruelty free.

This.

They don't address any of this on their website, which makes it appear they probably do the less humane option.

Also, per their FB page, they are presently selling factory farmed cheese, which is confusing, since their company is supposed to be about providing cruelty-free products.

Along with this. I'm very skeptical of their claims.

I was hoping that they would deliver to my area so I could encourage people I know who insist on it to use their eggs and milk but no luck :-( xxx

Maybe find out why exactly the insist on using those things and offer up suggestions for substitutions? Especially with milk. There are so many alternatives to cow's milk. Plus it's cow's milk! Not ours. Not any human's. It belongs to the calves. Maybe this site might make them think a bit: http://www.godairyfree.org/

Gee,the animals get to live out their natural lives...what a novelty.
How sad is it that this is presented as some sort of privilege,instead of a RIGHT?;(

Reactions: Calliegirl
Agree with all, so far ..

I have a greivance with 'happy' farms myself on two counts:

1. They perpetuate the lie of neccesity/unavoidability of animal products in the human diet.

2. For as long as one single happy farm exists anywhere in the entire universe then, in the muddled heads of omnis, all the cheap meat/eggs/dairy they buy definitely comes from there.

Minds me of the showcase 'happy' deathcamp shown in Nazi propaganda films. The ones used to assuage the consciences of german civilians that all those Jews who got carted off were being cared for nicely and doing perfectly OK.

Not saying that the hippies (wild guess!) behind this have anything but good intentions, mind. But as the saying goes; It is with good intentions that the road to hell is paved.

Agree with all, so far ..

I have a greivance with 'happy' farms myself on two counts:

1. They perpetuate the lie of neccesity/unavoidability of animal products in the human diet.

2. For as long as one single happy farm exists anywhere in the entire universe then, in the muddled heads of omnis, all the cheap meat/eggs/dairy they buy definitely comes from there.

Minds me of the showcase 'happy' deathcamp shown in Nazi propaganda films. The ones used to assuage the consciences of german civilians that all those Jews who got carted off were being cared for nicely and doing perfectly OK.

Not saying that the hippies (wild guess!) behind this have anything but good intentions, mind. But as the saying goes; It is with good intentions that the road to hell is paved.

One of the comments on their FB page was from someone who said they were feeling like they morally needed to become a vegan, but now thanks to this company they could continue to eat eggs and dairy. :sigh:

I asked them what happens to the male chicks and if the calves are allowed to stay with and nurse from their mothers, and they have yet to answer me. I know they've seen the question since they've posted after I put my question up. Just surprised it hasn't been deleted yet.

One of the comments on their FB page was from someone who said they were feeling like they morally needed to become a vegan, but now thanks to this company they could continue to eat eggs and dairy. :sigh:

Exactly the result of this type of thing that you could reasonably predict?

I asked them what happens to the male chicks and if the calves are allowed to stay with and nurse from their mothers, and they have yet to answer me. I know they've seen the question since they've posted after I put my question up. Just surprised it hasn't been deleted yet.

If they ever reply in the affirmative I would be very curious to know how the mathematics of that could possibly work.

DMJBsgiX4AAKxLp.jpg

Humans can’t actually digest cow’s milk properly. The purpose of the existence of cow’s milk is for offspring, not humans. Also, animal products are heavily processed which degrades its nutritional value.

Reactions: Frederic Lavender
Humans can’t actually digest cow’s milk properly. The purpose of the existence of cow’s milk is for offspring, not humans. Also, animal products are heavily processed which degrades its nutritional value.
I can't believe for a good 30 years I was drinking cows milk which was full of god knows what.