Cruelty Free Alternative to Regaine?

Sunny

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi, does anyone have any knowledge or experience of a cruelty-free alternative to Regaine (I think it's called Rogaine in the US) for men?

Does Roagaine Work?
In the UK we have Regaine, which I am guessing is the same thing . The science says it works though maybe not to such an extent that is considered a full-on cure. For most people, it stops any further hair loss and for many, it helps to regrow hair. It has to be used forever or hair will revert to it's natural course of action. It can take up to a year to see noticeable effects though many see it as soon as 3 months. My husband gets on ok with his hair loss but I know that he really doesn't like it. I thought I would buy a 3 month supply for him as a Christmas gift to stop any further hair loss and hopefully help some , at least, to regrow. However, I have found out it is indeed tested on animals. :(

This (Rogaine) was originally approved as medication for high blood pressure, and of course it attracted attention when some of the bald male patients started growing hair. I don't know if it is still being tested on animals; it's been in use for quite some time. I've been letting my beard compensate, and haven't tried Rogaine (yet). 🧔🧔‍♂️

I have discovered that Minoxodil (the active ingredient in regaine/rogaine) can be bought in other brands that do not test on animals. Re/Rogaine is just a brand name and they are not cruelty-free. I have searched for other companies selling it which quite a few do including lots of chemists (drug stores for US folks) that are cruelty-free.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L.