UK Cruelty-free hair styling products?

shesawsparks

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
Hi. I'm new here so apologies if this thread is in the wrong place.

I've started trying to gradually transition to using only cruelty-free make-up and cosmetics. However at the moment I'm having a hard time trying to find hair styling products that are cruelty-free. I'm looking for something you can use in your hair before you blow dry it, like a lotion or serum, and if it also happens to be for coloured hair then that would be a bonus as I colour mine, but if not that's fine. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

I almost never blow-dry my hair (it's very long and I don't want to damage it, and it looks spectacularly "young" for a woman of my age and hair length, I don't color it at all etc). BUT when I do use heat styling on my hair, and definitely when I was living in the dryer climate of the San Fernando Valley for a couple of years I used Moroccan Argon Oil. It's soooo good for your hair. OGX is sold at mainstream places like chain drugstores and is under ten dollars. It comes in light blue bottles. I used to SWEAR by the stuff before I moved to a more humid climate.

This is the stuff you want for blow drying tho:

1600223610972.png

Wanting to add here that OGX is not a vegan brand and some of their products contain honey or whey, but the argan oil isn't one of them. I bought it repeatedly for years. It's great for new vegans or vegans on a budget who can't afford to invest in all leaping bunny products.