visceral-vegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi All,

I am making a soup in my crockpot tonight with Gardein chicken strips and cauliflower rice. Has anyone ever used either of these food items in a crockpot soup recipe? Any idea when I should add the rice and chicken?

Thanks
vv

Not me. If I had those ingredients I would make both things according to the directions and just put them together with maybe a little sauce like teriyaki or hoisin. or even just some soy sauce. Both of those ingredients cook up pretty quickly - so no crockpot it necessary.

Since I didn't really answer your question I feel bad and to compensate I will give you a link to a bunch of crockpot soups.

I have made the split pea and the lentil and they are very good.

This is super good too. but to make it better roast the butternut squash in the oven first. and a blender is necessary at the end

I would not put Gardein products in a soup unless/until I had cooked them first as per instructions and then added them just before serving. I also would not add them to any part that I would be keeping to reheat, only to the part I was eating immediately...... so I just did a quick search online and found two recipes for soup using Gardein Chick'n Strips and one did it by adding the noodles and the chick'n to the soup once the veggies were cooked and the other did as I suggested and cooked the strips separately and garnished the soup with them after it was served in the bowls.

As you are using a crock pot I am not sure what to suggest, actually I would suggest not using a crock pot and cooking your soup on the stove. ;)

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou