Creative Ventures

Alice-Bee

Mad as A Hatter
Reaction score
Post your latest creative venue.
Illustration, sewing, painting, sculpture...

A few of mine to get the ball rolling...My website is in my sig if you want to see more (the 4th image down is part of a larger work but I dont want to spam the thread)

000.jpg
001.jpg
002.jpg
035a.jpg
004.jpg

More people need to add to this thread...come one folks!

Another few of mine...
018.jpg

This was one of my very first drawings I showed online. I re drew it in 2008 when I learnt more Photoshop skills
195_10403279011_1139_n.jpg

One of my tshirts...dont worry its dairy free!

268400_10150373659419012_5331792_n.jpg

I like vampires! Concept speed sketch
5652_124681854011_7821287_n.jpg

Did you know Im partial to a cup of tea?
028.jpg

fish.JPG

i painted this fish: :D

you can't see it that well cos my office isn't super-well lit, but it's one of those slightly tacky molded resin garden ornament thingies- about a foot long, weighs about 2lb- cost me $20 from shoppers-drug-mart, used to be nastily beige.

i saw it there last year and wanted to get it then, but the bf wasn't receptive to my pouty-faced wanting of an overpriced piece of tacky plastic with flaking paint, designed to be plonked completely adrift from it's natural environment amidst organised garden foliage, until this year, for some unfathomable reason.

i got it with the intent of making it even more kitsch, and then sticking it in the middle of my front lawn to torment the neighbours (whom i feel have shockingly unsettling taste, and make me wish to scream or weep frequently with their own random garden decor).

unfortunately i quickly came to the realisation that my fish would get nicked if i left it unsupervised out there, they'd probably really like it, and might start to up the ante with even more cheesy gack of their own, and all round that it'd be a better idea if i instead spend the next few years shifting this sodding chunk of resin round in circles in my house while trying to work out where the heck to put it long term. currently i'm thinking 'on lockable wheels, as a cat-annoying device/doorstop'. maybe even 'on very low slung bicycle' in the same role. yes, i have quite possibly completely and utterly lost it.

anyway, 2 or 3 days post-purchase, it now has half of michaels acrylic paint department on it- including two shades of metallic paint watered down for washes, and a lot of blobs of glitter. at some point i'll probably put a clear matte spray varnish on there too. and it's just the right amount of toothhurtingly pretty for my special brand of masochism. :)

i am using every feeble half-measure of my remaining pathetic willpower to not go overboard and procure a whole school of the little buggers, and paint them all differently. cos that's like the last thing i really need- 20 plastic fish in my spare bedroom, amidst the cats. :D

(too dark to be of much use) closeups:

fish4.JPG
fish7.JPG

I took a photography class at American University two semesters ago. The syllabus said 20 rolls of film. I only used about 9 rolls. I shot 3 rolls the other day at Cades Cove. I sent said rolls of film off to a place that can develop the film and digitize the photos. I suspect I will be able to share the images on Saturday or Monday. Prepare yourselves.

I took a photography class at American University two semesters ago. The syllabus said 20 rolls of film. I only used about 9 rolls. I shot 3 rolls the other day at Cades Cove. I sent said rolls of film off to a place that can develop the film and digitize the photos. I suspect I will be able to share the images on Saturday or Monday. Prepare yourselves.
I posted the better ones in this thread.

catandmouse.png
I made this the other day, and it's really more of a practice sort of thing to remember ways of colouring and getting adjusted to drawing/colouring and everything with my tablet again, but I like it because it's my first digital art in about two years. :) It used to be a major hobby of mine, and right now I kind of have no hobbies or anything anymore so I'm going to try to get back into it, it's just like starting over right now because I forgot a lot, but I'm just going to practice a lot to make up for it. :p

I like doing photo manipulation. This is a simple one I did recently using a picture of my daughter.

You really did a great job with this - lots of details you changed that aren't apparent on first glance. NICE. I love the texture of the wall and the changes to her outfit - as well as the obvious background change. (And a beautiful subject too.) You done good. :)

Reactions: Calliegirl
You really did a great job with this - lots of details you changed that aren't apparent on first glance. NICE. I love the texture of the wall and the changes to her outfit - as well as the obvious background change. (And a beautiful subject too.) You done good. :)

Thank you. :)

It's a pretty simple piece and I'm still learning techniques. I'm working my way up to matte painting, which is what I would really love to do. For those of you who have never heard of matte painting (and most people haven't), it's photomanipulation on a much grander scale. You can see examples here, or check out Dylan Cole's demo reel. He's one of the best matte painters in the world.

Post your latest creative venue.
Illustration, sewing, painting, sculpture...

A few of mine to get the ball rolling...My website is in my sig if you want to see more (the 4th image down is part of a larger work but I dont want to spam the thread)

000.jpg

Alice - just checked out your website. Mind = blown.

I spent $1.51 at Goodwill one day on this. I still want to change some of the colors around, seal it, and eventually hang it up somewhere.
6691169183_73402d9dd3_b.jpg

I think I was around 6 when I made this. It's all dusty from being in a box. I'd like to have it out but I'm afraid it'll get broken.
3564212051_97d5a7c66a_z.jpg

A snail doodle I did a number of years ago
5179883644_fd1204ea48_z.jpg

And I occasionally like to mess around with magnetic poetry
3770627645_350e2ed5b5_z.jpg

I need to scan stuff from Moleskine, and take decent pictures of my canvas work, and other stuff.