Creative Ventures

Oh heck!!! I get these emails from this site and usually think they're really stupid, ugly or a waste of time. I clicked this one and in the first couple pics thought that--but I kept scrolling and love it!

I love this! I’m not into cutting dowels, though. I probably “can” do it. I just don’t have the inclination. I wonder if twigs would work? I have a ton outside. And I can just break them. Might give it a more rustic look.

I love this! I’m not into cutting dowels, though. I probably “can” do it. I just don’t have the inclination. I wonder if twigs would work? I have a ton outside. And I can just break them. Might give it a more rustic look.
That's what I was thinking! Birch would look great with the white bark. I don't have any twigs--how ironic :rolleyes: I've been so happy I didn't have the clean up every one else does.
I could go the park. Take a bag and collect some pine cones.

I would think a cone from a thin cardboard mailer would work just fine. ? Or stuff the hat? If you know anyone who works in manufacturing it's so easy to rescue foam and stuff
that gnome is really cute! I get the hat over eyes better

Reactions: Val
Oh shoot, I forgot we had a yard cleanup lol. I may not have any either.

Finished products. I have to wait for Sabrina to take a better picture of my tile.
AD8EE4A2-DABA-4430-952D-925070DF2764.jpeg80BD15C7-7F04-4902-9476-E92E6121FE9F.jpegB1F36103-EA04-4332-8376-C222A8584AEC.jpegFF205F20-8115-4D8D-8E94-6FC434D08302.jpegA965B949-3058-4012-8843-0ACDC45818F7.jpeg

I love the Star Wars bowl (surprise, surprise, lol). They are all lovely, though.

The mug is your creation, isn't it?😊
No my daughter made it for her dad. She made one a few years back and used it all the time but then it broke so she made him another one.

What is IBD?:sheep: :???:
Lol...it’s stupid autocorrect! I didn’t catch that. I have to figure out what it was supposed to be...

I think it’s just supposed to say my son got me “one” for Christmas ...how weird that it would change to IBD. 🤦‍♀️

So excited I found perfect white socks at the dollar store. I’m one step closer!

Bump.
I want to make this:
B0E1A202-4F39-47AA-A41A-4BCD9D211275.jpeg

I have teacups from my grandmother that none of my children are interested in after I’m gone. So I think I will use them and make a couple of these feeders. I will just want to bring them inside whenever bad weather/wind is expected. I would hate to see them shatter.
A7FEE7F7-C116-487C-B893-C14DA1B43367.jpeg

Reactions: Chryssie
a friend of mine did something similar and maybe even easier. He started with a piece of plywood that fit between his blinds and his window. Then took apart a fake Christmas tree and reassemble it as a 2D tree on the plywood. then using a glue gun, he made the tree and decorated it. It stands in a corner of the attic 11 months of the year.

From the outside it looks just like a Christmas tree is right next to the window. I'll take a picture of it next year.

Reactions: silva and KLS52
a friend of mine did something similar and maybe even easier. He started with a piece of plywood that fit between his blinds and his window. Then took apart a fake Christmas tree and reassemble it as a 2D tree on the plywood. then using a glue gun, he made the tree and decorated it. It stands in a corner of the attic 11 months of the year.

From the outside it looks just like a Christmas tree is right next to the window. I'll take a picture of it next year.
Bump and reminder lol 😊

My oldest daughter has been very much into pottery. Not the kind that uses the wheel. She did try that but it was too hard. She uses sheets of clay and molds by hand or uses molds and stamps. Anyway, one of her pieces was chosen to be in an exhibit! It's a planter. 2FBB475F-36DB-41AF-9FDC-90D2DF620871.jpeg345950DA-99ED-4AA7-9BBE-F97993FDEF84.jpegShe's so excited. So am I. It's not like a famous gallery or anything lol. But it's still super cool.

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15
My granddaughter did a tumbler and grandson did a bowl. These are just painted from already made ceramic pieces.
396FB3C7-9556-49AC-A990-53763C1184AB.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15 and silva
Then I painted a plate which I actually was pretty happy with except for what's supposed to be a delicate dandelion blowy thing, haha. Didn't quite capture what was envisioned in my mind, lol. But I really like it otherwise. Oh and the sun is too small. 😁62BC616C-7572-4F86-A45A-6CC632A8EB7D.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and silva
I am writing stories, and the ones I write lately have vegan perspective being shown more. There is sample writing from me included. There is writing I show with a sequence on Discord, if anyone uses Discord and would want it I can share an invite to it. There is also the Facebook page I have been using, Vegan Fiction Writer.

Besides those media, I recently use Mastodon. I am with the account FredVegBur, I have it on mastodon.social, but very recently I saw, with it mentioned on this forum site, there is a veganism server on Mastodon, so to be in that as I finally decided to be, I made a second Mastodon account, to be involved in that.