Creative Ventures

thanks Karen....it was a nice project for me, mixing up the concrete in the living room. Made a bit of a mess on the carpet, but it came off. Some of the cats' ears broke off, but I started adding sand and that made them less brittle.

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
I made beads out of paper! So cool! I'll post a pic when I get up and it's not pitch black out. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*bump*

So, I was crafting with my cousins yesterday. :) I love getting together with them. <3

Mostly, they were working on gift tags with stamps, glitter, etc. But I had a special project I wanted to try...making photo coasters. My cousin had made one for me a few years ago with a picture of Josh and Lydia. I love it. So I wanted to make some myself. I think they came out pretty good...I actually love them, probably because of the photos, lol.

They aren’t finished yet...they need this special glaze called Pour On only I’m kind of scared to do it. I’m afraid I’m going to ruin it. :( But it needs to be done. But just in case, I figured I’d post the unfinished product in case something bad happens, lol. The bottom ones are of Josh and Lydia. The top left is my good friend Nancy and another good friend, Karen (she died suddenly about 18 months ago). They were best friends so I’m going to give that one to Nancy. The top right is me and Nancy. That’s me kissing the chicken, lol. I love that picture! I’m keeping that one for myself. :p

The odd shaped tiles were an experiment. Not sure I like them as much but initially, I couldn’t find plain square tiles in that size. So of course, once I bought the odd shaped ones, I found the square ones. :rolleyes: So I figured I would try it out. I like the basic square the best and I will be making more. Not that I have any need for more coasters. But I’m thinking I could get bigger tiles and make hot plates/trivets...even tiles to hang on a wall...I saw that on Pinterest.

Ok, enough yakking for me. Here’s the picture:
78951743-4E81-412D-A73E-299D0B578AE1.jpeg

*bump*
ly about 18 months ago). They were best friends so I’m going to give that one to Nancy. The top right is me and Nancy. That’s me kissing the chicken, lol. I love that picture! I’m keeping that one for myself. :p

Ok, enough yakking for me. Here’s the picture:
View attachment 15559

What a lovely idea for a get together !!!

I absolutely love, love the pic of you kissing the chick with your friend by your side. Absolutely gorgeous !

This my attempt at a snowflake. I’m really not very talented with this stuff so I picked a simple tile. Plus, I don’t need to add more “stuff” since I’m trying to downsize with the (hopeful) impending move. But I wanted to spend time with my family and participate. Not to mention it’s super expensive! This alone was $10. 🤦‍♀️
120A6A00-9A5D-4F17-A35D-DEC7867F3D73.jpegAC8CBC75-638F-492C-972C-4087E4C5EB9F.jpeg

Reactions: Val and PTree15
This is the inside of the bowl Lydia made. The outside is all black so no picture. I think her owl is awesome. She’s 8 year’s old.
FA274818-DBC7-4EDA-9E40-05E13453CC20.jpeg

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Heather, Lyds, me (wearing my Gilmore Girls related “I Smell Snow” sweatshirt...we’re expecting a decent sized storm tomorrow into Tuesday), Josh and Sabrina.
4D901B52-CE50-4C86-93F8-C3B8C3933140.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Val and silva
That is really cute--but it bothers me too much the hat covers their eyes. I have a few new socks no one likes and may make a couple--with eyes
I was thinking about eyes, too. I don’t think I’ve ever seen them with eyes. I may go to the dollar store for socks and maybe to Michael’s. I really want to try making one.
My son got me IBD for Christmas last year. I love it
so much.
363A08AB-9992-4D21-8D4B-3348B1782FA9.jpeg

Reactions: Val
I don’t think I want to use styrofoam for the hat though. May do something else.