Covid Vaccine-Do You Believe the Scientists?

It appears I have inspired a thread! we should have a most controversial member award, I would win.

There are no facts, what you call facts are just widely excepted ideas, but that does not make them true, there are no reliable sources. To me all that is true is what I can see with my own eyes.
What you can see with your eyes is entirely based on perception, which is based on the prejudice of your experience

People spend their life learning and researching. The best I do is check the sources and references, and discern the effects it has on my life and values

The idea of living a more primitive lifestyle is still going to be dictated by rules in one way or another. You can't just keep walking with a pack on your back and make a life for yourself

Reactions: David3 and 1956
What you can see with your eyes is entirely based on perception, which is based on the prejudice of your experience

People spend their life learning and researching. The best I do is check the sources and references, and discern the effects it has on my life and values

The idea of living a more primitive lifestyle is still going to be dictated by rules in one way or another. You can't just keep walking with a pack on your back and make a life for yourself

1614301017346.png

O..........K...........?
Never said you shouldn't question, no one ever proclaimed to blind allegiance to anyone or any goverment..
Their is something to be said about having trust in what you believe, in the ability to decipher what is worthy and what is not
Going to websites that promote bigotry and hate, spread lies and twist the truth is a real good way to become like them.
These conspirists aren't edgy or fringe, they're pawns of the money nationalists, evangelists, and white supremists that need more bodies to keep them in power and spread their agenda
Get your news from your community, get your news from other cultures, get your news from the world over

O..........K...........?
Never said you shouldn't question, no one ever proclaimed to blind allegiance to anyone or any goverment..
Their is something to be said about having trust in what you believe, in the ability to decipher what is worthy and what is not
Going to websites that promote bigotry and hate, spread lies and twist the truth is a real good way to become like them.
These conspirists aren't edgy or fringe, they're pawns of the money nationalists, evangelists, and white supremists that need more bodies to keep them in power and spread their agenda
Get your news from your community, get your news from other cultures, get your news from the world over
By trusting sources without seeing evidence for yourself you are not questioning, you just described what governments do!

@anarchist100 --now you're a meat eater?
I started eating meat again when I was pregnant as I succumbed to the worry that I may not be getting the right nutrition. I continued to eat meat, I guess what now would be 'flexitarian' as my kids grew.
I finally got really fed up with how wrong it all seemed, and instead of falling for all the usual popular thoughts on nutrition started to really research what it all meant. I learned to check sources, to look into who funds the research, to cross reference. I not only went back to not eating meat but cutting out animal products

You were one of the more adamant voices here on animal rights. What changed your mind.....this time?

@anarchist100 --now you're a meat eater?
I started eating meat again when I was pregnant as I succumbed to the worry that I may not be getting the right nutrition. I continued to eat meat, I guess what now would be 'flexitarian' as my kids grew.
I finally got really fed up with how wrong it all seemed, and instead of falling for all the usual popular thoughts on nutrition started to really research what it all meant. I learned to check sources, to look into who funds the research, to cross reference. I not only went back to not eating meat but cutting out animal products

You were one of the more adamant voices here on animal rights. What changed your mind.....this time?
I screwed up and accidently ate fish :(

By trusting sources without seeing evidence for yourself you are not questioning, you just described what governments do!
Just where, and what, are you going to " see"? Just how are YOU going to interpret it?
You're going to make up you mind about vaccines.....how?
Everything is relative.

Screwing up doesn't mean you give up! You're only a pescatarian if you keep it up

I'm never saying to put all your trust in anything, you always have to have an open mind.

Reactions: 1956
When seeing the government do all this to control Covid-19 the question must be ask, what's in it for them?

Questioning is excellent, but it requires work and education to develop the tools that are necessary to question. Otherwise, "questioning" is just "mistrust", which doesn't lead you to truth.

Don't assume that conspiracy groups (or any other social/political group) are presenting good facts, just because they claim to be "free thinkers". To discern fact from myth requires a very good understanding of the basics - logic, math, physics, chemistry, biology, social science, politics, economics. Without an understanding of these things, it's easy to be duped. A questioning person should develop this education their entire life.

Reactions: KLS52 and 1956
People are neutral, They do what benefits them.
Do you really believe that @anarchist100? That people only do what benefits themselves?
Is that how you behave? Or how your parents, your family and friends behave? What have You personally experienced
that has caused you to believe this?
I am truly interested to know. Because I find it very sad that at only 15 years old you are So jaded with no trust or belief in much of anything from what you have written on this forum. This planet is a Mess, because of humans I definitely do believe that.However, my experience is that there are many Good people who do care. Some of those people may also be in Government.

Do you really believe that @anarchist100? That people only do what benefits themselves?
Is that how you behave? Or how your parents, your family and friends behave? What have You personally experienced
that has caused you to believe this?
I am truly interested to know. Because I find it very sad that at only 15 years old you are So jaded with no trust or belief in much of anything from what you have written on this forum. This planet is a Mess, because of humans I definitely do believe that.However, my experience is that there are many Good people who do care. Some of those people may also be in Government.
Than why do otherwise good people contribute the the mass-torture and murder of animals for their own convenience and enjoyment?

Than why do otherwise good people contribute the the mass-torture and murder of animals for their own convenience and enjoyment?
For the same reason that you used to eat meat, and why most vegans used to eat meat. The cruelty wasn't malicious. We were taught to not think of the violence of meat.

Reactions: 1956 and Lou