Coronavirus

Jamie in Chile

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Terrible tragedy with so many people dying in (mostly) China. Let's hope this is contained but we do also need to take an honest look at what can be done to stop these kinds of things from happening in the first place. Some reports say the coronavirus started in a seafood market and animal trading area. It does seem that many of these types of outbreaks come from animal products although the media never mentions this. Mad cow disease. Swine flu. Bird flu. You never seem to get a carrot flu or a pineapple virus outbreak. It's possible that the dirty, crowded conditions that are necessary for inexpensive animal products have inevitable consequences. To me, it looks like yet another reason to go vegetarian or vegan.

I think we should carefully work this into the conversation with omnivores when the subject comes up. Both for human health concerns, as well as any opportunity to do something that may help animal rights in any way.

Sorry if this was discussed already. I haven't been on the forum lately. Did a quick search and saw nothing.

hi Jamie

Good to see you around. Here's a link to our most recent convo about it.

Emma JC