Corona in tall cans doesn't taste right

sleepydvdr

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Yesterday, I bought a 12 pack of Corona Light in some tall, skinny cans. I don't remember seeing them in can form before. Anyways, I really think these do not taste like Corona. I might be thrown off by them not being in bottles, but I really don't think that is the issue. I'm going to buy some glass bottle ones and have someone pour them into identical glasses and shuffle them when I'm not looking and give myself a blind taste test. I'll post the results when I'm done.

Has anyone else had them and noticed this? To me, these taste like a regular, cheap beer like Coors or whatnot. I don't taste any classic Corona flavor from them. Could it be the can or could it be made at a different facility that isn't producing the highest quality standard?

I know my friend will think I'm nuts, but he'll go along with the blind taste test.

One of the local microbreweries here is is only using cans now, not bottles. The tour guide (free samples ;)) said that it goes bad in bottles quicker. I used to just reserve cans for the beach and pool, but now I don't care either way.

Yum btw. :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374339002568.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374339002568.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: SuicideBlonde
One of the local microbreweries here is is only using cans now, not bottles. The tour guide (free samples ;)) said that it goes bad in bottles quicker. I used to just reserve cans for the beach and pool, but now I don't care either way.

Yum btw. :D

That does look yummy. Several of our local microbreweries are also doing the can thing, though why the grocery store charges more for a 6-pack in cans vs bottles I can't figure out.

Reactions: ledboots
Alright, I had the blind taste test and correctly guess the canned one. However, the difference between them was not near as much as I thought. They were, in fact, very close. But the bottled one was a little better. So, for the most part, it was in my mind.

I like the 9 Coronas song. Thanks for sharing it, Clueless Git.

The local microbrew I drink primarily does bottles. They only have one beer they put in cans. I generally drink their premium line, which comes in 750mL champagne bottles.

If bottles are ever abandoned completely (which I seriously doubt), I'll stop drinking beer. Canned beer is gross.

Our local super and hypermarket sell Corona in bottles. I must make a reminder to buy a bottle as I have never tasted it. ;)

Tastes like American beer to me, watery. Better with a lime squeeze in. Dos Equis is pretty good Mexican beer, though I would prefer just about any English or Irish beer over it, too. :)

Actually I don't like beer, only shandy. I thought that Corona looked like larger and thought that I might like it. :)