Health Issues Contraceptive Pill

Kasandra

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Ok so been off any contraceptive pill for the last 2 years. Usually make the heavy flow and pain better but mentally I suffer so bad.

I thought will give it another try since Qlaira is suppose to be such a low dose pill.

Its been week and half and I am already feeling very unstable. No energy and anxious. Not to mention the constant feeling of being hungry and bloated. Very impatient and snappy.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Not good not good.

That sounds difficult Kasandra :( Can you go back to your doctor and ask about other options? There's lots of low/non hormonal contraception - I don't know about Qlaira - but I know that the implant, injection and IUS have much lower doses of hormones than regular pills. Or an IUD has no hormones in it at all.

Personally I had big problems with hormonal contraception, even at low doses (although they were opposite to most women's experiences so not a typical example) and I found the IUD a big relief. Although it usually increases pain/bleeding, it did the opposite for me. So it's always worth considering if you've tried lots of other options.

Also, there's lots of threads in the women's only health forum on contraception/the pill too, in case you weren't aware of the section (you can request permission at "Your Account" -> "Join User Groups"), it might be useful/interesting to read through. (You might also get more replies over there - if some women feel more comfortable discussing contraception in the women's only forum.)