Started low dose TRT

Sproutskies

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Started low dose TRT, finally decided it was something I needed to try

So as the title describes, I'm now on 100mg cypionate (prescribed low dose testosterone) per week.

This week is my first dose and this has been a treatment I have been interested in over the past decade. Some of the positives of TRT is that it has a protective effect on the brain and heart (if not taken at levels of someone who bodybuilds). My quality of life has gone down hill over this specific past decade from a near death experience in NY and then a minor concussion afterwards which sub-permanently wrecked my sleep and created constant fatigue for years.

Now that I've taken the dive to try it out.. I feel amazing! Sleep has been great the past couple of nights, my mind is very clear, the paralysis of my face is almost going away and sensation coming back to my skin. Recovering pretty well after a climb and some rest.

That was something that was a complaint since I would workout and ligaments + certain body parts would take forever to heal.

Now for the recent downside I noticed today. I saw a comment online someone being a bully and the level of anger I felt inside was pretty intense. It was an amplified level of emotion and not sure if I like having anger becoming that accessible in a given moment. I immediately wrote a comment that I thought would put this "bully" in their place. A nonsense interaction that immediately provoked emotional weakness/lack of self control. Non-trt me would be pretty stoic and not waste time doing anything or getting all worked up about some random stranger on the internet bullying some other random stranger on the internet for which I know neither of them...

This is worth trying out if it improves my overall quality of life. I just want to make sure that it is safe for the long term. Not sure what to think yet but overall more good than bad. Maybe too soon to tell. I don't know for sure yet.

IMO the most important part of your story is that you are staying aware!! maybe your anger/high emotion is not a side-effect of the TRT per se but a result of being more "present" in general and so you may just have to adjust to a different reality and control yourself appropriately.

All the best with your experiment.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Agree
Reactions: Sproutskies
IMO the most important part of your story is that you are staying aware!! maybe your anger/high emotion is not a side-effect of the TRT per se but a result of being more "present" in general and so you may just have to adjust to a different reality and control yourself appropriately.

All the best with your experiment.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Yes, cannot let self-control go to the wind. Having access to a sense of greater power is having some effect on quite literally every interaction. There was a guy throwing big rocks near people yesterday at the light rail. I simply did not feel threatened and went up and diffused the guy by talking him down. It's just an adjustment phase. With great power comes great responsibility 😂