Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early Chrissie present for some :rose:

West Coast campers awake to find thousands

Holidaymakers at a remote campground north of Westport awoke to find wads of cash had been left for them yesterday morning.

More than $6800 was anonymously left under windscreen wipers and at tent doors all around the Gentle Annie Seaside Accommodation and Camping Ground.
Owner Jesse Paley-Atkins believes the cash was doled out between midnight and 2am, because some campers heard noises around this time.

Most people found $200 to $300 on their car or tent.

"It seems an unknown person has distributed what turns out to be nearly $7000... in $50 and $100 denomination notes to all the cars in the campground, under the window wipers, and outside tent doors, and in the bathrooms of the camping grounds - pretty much anywhere campers would wake up to find it," Mr Paley-Atkins said.

"It's a complete mystery - there has been no note or indication from the person or people who have done it.

Reactions: Val and Brian W
“Although the gesture looks like extreme kindness, to be on the safe side Mr Paley-Atkins gathered all the money up and handed it to the police to decide.”

Are you kidding me? That’s crazy! I guess they’re thinking it might be stolen money?

“Although the gesture looks like extreme kindness, to be on the safe side Mr Paley-Atkins gathered all the money up and handed it to the police to decide.”

Are you kidding me? That’s crazy! I guess they’re thinking it might be stolen money?

Could be, but in little old NZ, money is returned (to the campers )if the original owner cant be found.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Watching The Santa Clause. I love this movie.

Reactions: Val
I was at my friend's this weekend, and we watched a movie with Kurt Russell as Santa Claus called The Christmas Chronicles. I think it's new this year and it's a Netflix movie. I actually liked it. It was cute. And Kurt Russell still has gorgeous eyes. :p

Early Chrissie present for some :rose:

West Coast campers awake to find thousands

Holidaymakers at a remote campground north of Westport awoke to find wads of cash had been left for them yesterday morning.

More than $6800 was anonymously left under windscreen wipers and at tent doors all around the Gentle Annie Seaside Accommodation and Camping Ground.

Owner Jesse Paley-Atkins believes the cash was doled out between midnight and 2am, because some campers heard noises around this time.

Most people found $200 to $300 on their car or tent.

"It seems an unknown person has distributed what turns out to be nearly $7000... in $50 and $100 denomination notes to all the cars in the campground, under the window wipers, and outside tent doors, and in the bathrooms of the camping grounds - pretty much anywhere campers would wake up to find it," Mr Paley-Atkins said.

"It's a complete mystery - there has been no note or indication from the person or people who have done it.

I wish the person would come to my neighbourhood.:p

I find that it's a lovely gesture and moreover as it was done anonymously, the only reason is certainly out of kindness.:yes:

Reactions: KLS52
I was at my friend's this weekend, and we watched a movie with Kurt Russell as Santa Claus called The Christmas Chronicles. I think it's new this year and it's a Netflix movie. I actually liked it. It was cute. And Kurt Russell still has gorgeous eyes. :p
I saw this movie last week and I liked it too. I have switched away from Hallmark a bit. I forgot there are other Christmas movies on other channels. So I watched the Santa Clause and Christmas with the Kranks. I like Tim Allen. He’s a nut.

Hallmark is getting on my nerves. Whatever will I do?!?!

And not for nothing, Netflix has a terrible selection of Holiday movies.

Where are all the ones I like? I don’t want to have to subscribe to another movie channel like the Hallmark one, for 5.99/month. It’s making me really annoyed. I know I watch too much tv but it’s ehykeeps me sane(ish). And it’s not like I’m sitting down actually watching. I can’t remember the last time I did that which is why I’m going to have to watch the Kurt Russell one again, lol.

And not for nothing, Netflix has a terrible selection of Holiday movies.

Where are all the ones I like? I don’t want to have to subscribe to another movie channel like the Hallmark one, for 5.99/month. It’s making me really annoyed. I know I watch too much tv but it’s ehykeeps me sane(ish). And it’s not like I’m sitting down actually watching. I can’t remember the last time I did that which is why I’m going to have to watch the Kurt Russell one again, lol.

The Christmas movie/film that I always watch over and over again is ; Borrowed Hearts. :(

Last edited:
The Christmas movie/film that I always watch over and over again is ; Borrowed Hearts. :(
Oh, I think I saw that but it’s been years since. I wish they would show more older films like that instead of making 25 new ones, each year, (I can’t believe I’m going to say this...) all with the exact same plot. It’s almost laughable, even for me, and I tend to be extremely tolerant when it comes to repetitive, schmaltzy movies.

Plus I really dislike some of the actors. Many if the pairing gd lack any chemistry at all. That’s usually the deciding factor for me, as to whether or not I like a movie.

There was a very atmosperic animated version of "A Christmas Carol" that I first saw in the seventies that I like to watch near Christmas.

Ah, I've found it!

There was a very atmosperic animated version of "A Christmas Carol" that I first saw in the seventies that I like to watch near Christmas.

Ah, I've found it!
I don’t usually watch animated specials but I’ve seen that one. It’s good...very enjoyable. :)

Reactions: Brian W
A Charlie Brown Christmas is a favorite of mine. I try to watch every year.

I’m so confused lol. :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.