Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas Eve is a week away. I wish I could slow time. I don’t want it to end yet. :( But I need to stop thinking about it or else I’ll ruin the time I have left. <3

They made an adorable kitty for this cartoon.:cat: "Mog's Christmas calamity. Sainsbury's ad. Christmas 2015".

I'm wrapping today. Ugh. I really don't care for wrapping. But with three grandchildren, Kelly and my son and DIL, I need to wrap early to see everything and make sure everyone has approx the same amount to open. *oh the stress!*

Actually I'm giving the 1.5 year old some consumables to open - crackers, wipes, kids shampoo. She has all her sisters' hand me down clothes and toys and really needs nothing! Lol.

Reactions: KLS52
I finished wrapping last night. I’ve been really lazy the last two years. If I box gifts and the boxes are pretty, they don’t get wrapping paper...just a ribbon. And some gifts I don’t bother to even put in a box. I just wrap it as is, lol. I’m using the excuse that I’m saving the environment! I used to box everything and use tissue paper and then wrap. It’s too much. I can’t do it anymore.

Reactions: Brian W and Val
I finished wrapping last night. I’ve been really lazy the last two years. If I box gifts and the boxes are pretty, they don’t get wrapping paper...just a ribbon. And some gifts I don’t bother to even put in a box. I just wrap it as is, lol. I’m using the excuse that I’m saving the environment! I used to box everything and use tissue paper and then wrap. It’s too much. I can’t do it anymore.

That is an excellent idea.:up:

I've always liked Christmas songs but when I came to Sweden the first time, I fell in love with this one, even though I didn't understand much Swedish back then. It's called "Betlehems Stjärna" (Bethlehem's Star)

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I decided this would bring some good mood to those who need it. :)
"Frank Sinatra - Christmas songs. (Full album)".

I think I always knew this but it’s becoming more apparent as the years go by...I do not have a love affair with “Christmas”...it’s the buildup to it, and I’m already depressed because I don’t want the season to end! :(

I leave my decorations up all Winter, though, so that helps. And some snow would be helpful. I’m due for a good Winter. I think it’s my turn now. We haven’t had a good winter in at least 2-3 years now.

I completely understand KLS, I was just thinking this morning that it's only 2 days until Christmas & feeling sad about it because that means it's nearly over! & there's never time to enjoy the build up as much as I'd like.

Still excited for the day though :)

I think I always knew this but it’s becoming more apparent as the years go by...I do not have a love affair with “Christmas”...it’s the buildup to it, and I’m already depressed because I don’t want the season to end! :(

I leave my decorations up all Winter, though, so that helps. And some snow would be helpful. I’m due for a good Winter. I think it’s my turn now. We haven’t had a good winter in at least 2-3 years now.

We could ship you to all of these places all year around ! :p

Towns That Celebrate Christmas Year Round

Reactions: Val
Over the past couple of years, I've completely changed my holiday decorating. No more red; everything upstairs (not in the basement where the kids play) is gold and white. I think it's brought a sense of calm and elegance(?) to the holidays that I really love. I used to want to take down Christmas on the 26th (and actually started on the 25th one year! :eek:). But I finally realized that its the color red that bugs me (makes me tense?) and I have a need to get rid of it when it's the predominate color in the room. So now I'm much more comfortable having Christmas decorations around a little longer - although I still like to clean up and get back to "normal" family soon after the holiday.

Over the past couple of years, I've completely changed my holiday decorating. No more red; everything upstairs (not in the basement where the kids play) is gold and white. I think it's brought a sense of calm and elegance(?) to the holidays that I really love. I used to want to take down Christmas on the 26th (and actually started on the 25th one year! :eek:). But I finally realized that its the color red that bugs me (makes me tense?) and I have a need to get rid of it when it's the predominate color in the room. So now I'm much more comfortable having Christmas decorations around a little longer - although I still like to clean up and get back to "normal" family soon after the holiday.
I think you are 100% correct. I actually like blue and silver (I like gold and white, too!).

You’re actually spot-on with how you react to colors. Red is considered a color that triggers strong emotions in people, making them more alert and even anxious, while blue is considered a calming color and is used in such places as the waiting rooms for doctors and dentists. So gold and white probably are calming colors. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.