Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh...my...gosh...

:cry::cry::cry:

The Fire Tones - Feed The World - Official Video

We are a group of Fire Service Personnel from fire stations around the UK who have come together to release a charity
Christmas single in aid of The Firefighters Charity and The Band Aid Trust.

The Fire Tones

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
Pre-Christmas checklists - are you prepared ? - The Sun UK -

Black Friday has been and gone, and Christmas has well and truly arrived in retailers, with supermarket shelves stocked up with mince pies and advent calendars. and everyone you know falls into one of two groups: the haters or the embracers.

Whether you’re a pre-planner who thinks about Christmas all year long :)p), or you’re one of those do-your-shopping-on-Christmas-Eve types, there’s no denying the appeal of preparation and reaping the benefits come the 25 th.

Here's our quick guide to getting to grips with the festive season.

Early December:

• Time to declutter your home, especially if you are hosting over the holidays - make space for them and the tons of gifts you'll be blessed with this Christmas by getting rid of what you no longer need.
  • It's finally time to crack out that advent calendar - whether you went for traditional chocolate or a treat calendar filled with make-up or mini tipples, this is your time to indulge.
  • Get those decorations up and start feeling the festive joy from early December
  • Give yourself some precious time outside the kitchen by preparing festive bakes weeks ahead - gingerbread, uniced cakes, mince pies and cookies can call be baked ahead and stored in the freezer weeks in advance
  • Time to order that nut roast and all your other Christmas dinner essentials to beat the crowds and feel smug
Mid December

• Finalise your shopping and get gifts wrapped, freeing up your time to enjoy the season in the week leading up to Christmas and ensuring that no-one is missed off the gift list
  • Leave all your fresh fruit and veg shopping until the final week before Christmas - it's a good idea to get it all delivered to beat the supermarket rush

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I’m just about done shopping. I’m going to try and get everything wrapped, at least the gifts that are already boxed, so I’m not hustling last minute. Then I can sit back and enjoy the next three weeks and maybe have some energy to do some baking.

I’m just about done shopping. I’m going to try and get everything wrapped, at least the gifts that are already boxed, so I’m not hustling last minute. Then I can sit back and enjoy the next three weeks and maybe have some energy to do some baking.

That sounds like an excellent idea. :up: It'll be like being in a Hallmark movie. They always seem so relaxed even those who have careers such as chefs or bakers. They never seem to be running around and always look impeccable. :p

I'm planning to make my christmas pudding and some mince pies. I would also like to make some JO gravy and store it in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.