Vegan Chocolate Tiffins - Fridge Cakes

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
200 g (7 oz) good quality plain chocolate (70 % cocoa)
50 g (2 oz) vegan margarine
3 tbs golden syrup
200 g (8 oz)crushed digestive biscuits (or other vegan biscuits)
80 g (3oz)(pistachios (or toasted chopped hazelnuts)

Place the margarine, syrup and chopped chocolate into a saucepan and heat gently until
melted. Stir in the crushed biscuits and nuts and mix.

Turn into a lined greased 18 cm(7inch) square tin. Smooth the top with a spatula or palette
knife. Leave to chill in the fridge for 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before cutting into
small 3 cm squares.

Tip : You can drizzle a little melted chocolate with a knob of margarine over each square.
Add 50 g (2 oz) of any dried fruit of your choice e.g. dried cherries, blueberries etc

1594976106818.png

Reactions: Chryssie
Okay, if you don't stop posting all of this yummy (translated fattening) food, I'm going to have to take your keyboard away from you! :)

Well, I'm kidding, of course. I love all of the recipes you post! :)

What is the American equivalent of golden syrup again? I really want to make these. :yes:

Well, I'm kidding, of course. I love all of the recipes you post! :)
:rolleyes:

What is the American equivalent of golden syrup again? I really want to make these. :yes:

Light corn syrup but it's not as thick or tasty. You could always make your own.

A lot of grocery stores sell Lyle's Golden Syrup here. Look in the international isle. It has a richer taste than light corn syrup.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
I've thought of crushing ginger snaps and mixing with melted chocolate. Like that?
Does the golden syrup make them more chewy?
I have ginger snaps-no chocolate!

I have to go back out and get the biscuits. I thought biscuits was another name for cookies and I bought the wrong kind.

I've thought of crushing ginger snaps and mixing with melted chocolate. Like that?
Does the golden syrup make them more chewy?
I have ginger snaps-no chocolate!

I would describe a tiffin as being moist and fudgy, not chewy. You could also substitue the Golden syrup with maple syrup if you like.