Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
220 g (7oz) salted peanuts
175 g (6 oz)golden syrup
120 g (4 oz) brown sugar
75 g (3oz) rice crispies (brown if possible)
4 tbs peanut butter

Chop the peanuts and mix with the cereal.
Put the sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool the
mixture slightly and then add the peanut butter and fold in the cereal.
Pour into a greased lined 20 cm(8inch) square tin. Press with a spatula. Cool and cut into bars.

Tip : You can substitute cashews and cashew butter instead of peanuts.

Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a recipe very similar to this some time ago for a work potluck and people really liked it! I used brown rice syrup instead of golden syrup though. I used organic brown rice crisps (Barbara's brand), and natural peanut butter. I was surprised at how well they held their shape. The ones I made were not very sweet, more peanut buttery, due to the brown rice syrup being less sweet than other sweeteners. But they were still awesome! At first people didn't want to try them because the color was darker than traditional rice crispie bars, due to using brown rice crisps. But once I talked them into trying it, they loved it.

I don't normally like rice Krispy treats unless they are made with marshmallows but I will try this as something different.

220 g (7oz) salted peanuts
175 g (6 oz)golden syrup
120 g (4 oz) brown sugar
75 g (3oz) rice crispies (brown if possible)
4 tbs peanut butter

Chop the peanuts and mix with the cereal.
Put the sugar and golden syrup into a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves. Cool the
mixture slightly and then add the peanut butter and fold in the cereal.
Pour into a greased lined 20 cm(8inch) square tin. Press with a spatula. Cool and cut into bars.

Tip : You could substitute cashews and cashew butter instead of peanuts.
00870269.jpg
This sounds great. Thank you!