Vegan Cranberry Pineapple Chocolate Loaf

KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Found a new page to like on FB called Vegan Recipes, hence the following recipe. I haven't made it yet but it seems basic and easy enough. I will most likely use white flour. :p

2 cups rye flour (for gluten free use buckwheat or your favourite GF brand)
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Large pinch Allspice
2 tbsp melted vegan margarine
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 cup non dairy milk (I used hazelnut)
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
4 tbsp pineapple juice
¾ cup pineapple chunks
¼ cup dried cranberries
15 large vegan chocolate buttons (or 1/4 cup chocolate chips)
1 tsp demerara sugar mixed with a pinch of cinnamon for topping
Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (356 degrees fahrenheit) and lightly grease a loaf tin (5″ x 8.5″) with vegan margarine.
In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and allspice, then stir in the pineapple chunks so they are well coated with the flour. In a separate bowl combine the melted margarine, maple syrup, pineapple juice, non dairy milk and apple cider vinegar, make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the wet ingredients along with the cranberries and fold the mixture together, you should get a nice thick batter, add more milk if it’s too stiff.
Pour half the mixture into the loaf tin and spread it out evenly, now sprinkle a layer of chocolate chips/buttons and then pour over the remaining batter, again smoothing the top to make sure it’s all evenly distributed and sprinkle over the demerara sugar and cinnamon mixture. Pop in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean, cool completely before removing from the loaf tin.

Reactions: Tom L.
Here is the picture.
y9ynesy3.jpg

So my guess is it is more like a banana bread or a zucchini bread than a cake.

Reactions: ledboots