Chloe's Kitchen Cookbook

I paged through this today, and found several recipes I'd like to try.
I've added it to my Amazon shopping cart. There are two other cookbooks I'm interested in (Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day and Vegan Indian Cooking), so I'll buy all three when I can afford it.

I think this is the first cookbook I've ever owned where I want to make like 90% of the recipes. I can be kind of a picky eater, but Chloe just gets me. So many creamy pasta dishes and things with avocado and chocolately desserts. :drool:

I think this is the first cookbook I've ever owned where I want to make like 90% of the recipes. I can be kind of a picky eater, but Chloe just gets me. So many creamy pasta dishes and things with avocado and chocolately desserts. :drool:

Yes! The dishes are vegan versions of omni food I loved, instead of things I've never heard of. It's a big hit with friends and family too.

I also love that everything is easy... all the instructions are basic, the ingredients are easily found (and usually include tinned/frozen things), and everything I've made has been first-time perfect.

I like the fact that she has some nice noodle dishes, plus the pictorial sushi instructions.. the double cheeseburger looks really impressive...

I follow her on FB, and she makes me want to devour my monitor. So I figure I will one day have to get her cookbook.
lickingcomputer.png

I haven't seen her book, but I imagine she uses ingredients that just about anyone can get, yes? I dislike the ones that call for lots of obscure ingredients.

Reactions: Freesia and KLS52
Hope you like them. I just heard the other day that Hostess is going to have to file for bankruptcy. Maybe they should make some vegan junk food for me!. :)
When I started reading your post I almost thought is was going to say Hostess was suing the recipe providers of the vegan version cupcakes. You know if they made those things vegan, they would fly off the shelf. Not only by vegans but others looking for a lower cholesterol version. I wish companies would get it. "Vegan. No Cholesterol. Same Great Taste!"

I made Chloes "chloestess" cupcakes, but didn't bother filling them, just used it as the frosting--actually I added instant coffee to the frosting.
They were extremely moist, and very very good!

Hey Rosie- is that the pictures of her food, or her, you're licking? I'd be darned if anyone could call her unhealthy!

Mac and cheese --- loved it!
I didn't have garlic powder, and too lazy to deal with fresh. But...siracha was better!
I was never a big fan of nut. yeast, usually used less than called for, but I'd bought the powder by mistake, and really did it! I thought maybe my taste changed, but my son said the same thing! I ended up sprinkling a LOT extra,
Had it with spinach. Very good!

Just to let you know, the Kindle version of Chloe's Kitchen just went on sale on BookBub and Amazon for $1.99.

Glad you revived this! I haven't looked at that book in so long, and there are a lot of recipes I like!

Reactions: Lou