Cookbooks

• Thread starter Deleted member 14798
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14798

I have several which don't have any to little vegan recipes but I modify the recipes. My healthier ones though include:

Forks over Knives cookbook
The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease cookbook
How Not to Die cookbook
Wheat Belly cookbook
Wheat Belly 30 Minute (or less) cookbook
The Blue Zones Kitchen cookbook
America's Test Kitchen The Complete Vegetarian cookbook
Jazzy Vegetarian's Deliciously Vegan
Jazzy Vegetarian's Vegan-Ease
Jazzy Vegetarian's Classics

Next on my list to acquire are the How Not To Diet cookbook and some by Christina Pirello of Christina Cooks fame.

At one time or another I have had the first three of those books out of the library .
Presently I don't have any cookbooks checked out

I am a recipe collector but I don't collect cookbooks.
Actually I keep the number of books I own at a minimum. They are such a pain to move.
Besides I'm a big fan of using the library.
Also if I need a recipe I just come here. Or google it.

It wasn't on this forum but we used to play a challenge game for veganizing recipes.

I did buy a few ebook Cookbooks
Oh She Glows
Chloe's Kitchen
Vegan with a Vengeance

I'm always getting free e-books from vegan chefs on the Internets. If there was a good/easy way to search the whole collection at once for a recipe I would use them some more. But some of them are pretty specific.

I also get a lot of recipes in my mailbox. I save them, too.

Meanwhile, google is my best assistant for recipes.

Not sure if this would be of interest to you - I love this program called CopyMeThat. It's a website and an app.
With one click you can copy any recipe on the Internet and it goes into your CopyMeThat catalog. the catalog is searchable and you can add tags to your recipes to help with searches. You can also edit your recipes and rate them.

If you try it out you can check out my recipes by looking for the user Lou2000

Thanks for the suggestion. I have many independent recipes bookmarked and printed which take up space. I do Google, especially when wanting to use a specific ingredient. There's just something about books for me, old school I guess. I'm happy to share recipes in anyone wants something specific.

I do use the library a lot for vegan books. Seems the ones I request from other libraries and return to mine stay there

the one I use a lot is the Gentle Chef Seitan & Beyond. It's more than seitan
The others are:
Robin Robertson 1000 Vegan Recipes (and get Vegan Planet out a good bit)
Isa Moscowitz Appetite for Reduction and Vegan Cookies invade your cookie jar. And Veganomicon

I get most of my recipes online and have a huge binder of printed out recipes. I don't cook very often though. I do have a few actual cookbooks that basically just sit on my shelf!
Vegan with a Vengeance
Appetite for Reduction
The Tofu Cookbook
Veganomicon
I guess I should look at them again sometime!

I took the Wok Book out of the library. I have to bring it back today. I may have to get it again. its really a big book and just crammed with info.

Status
Not open for further replies.