Celery juice

Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Has anyone here tried the new celery juice fad /cure all?

It is all over the place as the latest and greatest and whilst I don't believe it is doing any harm I just wonder if it is really worth doing. It is expensive (relatively) and messy (cleaning up after juicing is my least favourite activity next to cleaning the shower) and I am just not sure I trust the source the originally came up with it.

The one good aspect is that non-vegans are also doing it and so that will be helpful for them, and any animals they don't eat instead.

There are a number of vegans, that I watch, also doing it and so I thought I would check in here and so what everyone thinks.

Emma JC

The "protocol" I follow that involves juice at all is when breaking a water only-fast, which i usually do with celery-watermelon juice, which is really good. I find that water only is the best "cure all" for anything that might be ailing me.

This was an interesting read on the subject: https://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/celery-juice/

a great balanced article, thank you @Veganite

It is kind of where my thoughts are on the topic - we did have some on Saturday and it made our stomachs rumble and gurgle all day - probably because we still had our coffee, half an hour later, and didn't eat much until dinner time.

The expense side of things is important as it is alright for YouTubers that are pulling in lots of money showing their subscribers they are drinking it. We managed to get organic on sale at $2.50 a head but normal for organic would be $4-5 and drinking $10 a day in celery juice is not sustainable nor appealing on so many levels.

I'm with @TofuRobot - water it is!!!

Emma JC

Reactions: TofuRobot
I wanna try it but cant afford a juicer! I think it sounds really good!