News Canadian federal election 2015

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Apparently, there are federal elections in Canada on Monday! As you know, Canada is the largest country in the Western hemisphere, and the second largest country in the world. Yet somehow this election had gone under my radar until now. I also realize I know next to nothing about Canadian politics.

The polls seem to suggest a close race, but some suggest the Liberals appear to have a small lead.

I just read an article (in Norwegian) about the Liberal leader, Justin Trudeau, and his parents. His father was a long-time prime minister. His mother smuggled drugs, was a regular at the infamous Studio 54 in NY and was involved in an orgy with The Rolling Stones. Interesting read! :p

Apparently, there are federal elections in Canada on Monday! As you know, Canada is the largest country in the Western hemisphere, and the second largest country in the world. Yet somehow this election had gone under my radar until now. I also realize I know next to nothing about Canadian politics.

The polls seem to suggest a close race, but some suggest the Liberals appear to have a small lead.

I just read an article (in Norwegian) about the Liberal leader, Justin Trudeau, and his parents. His father was a long-time prime minister. His mother smuggled drugs, was a regular at the infamous Studio 54 in NY and was involved in an orgy with The Rolling Stones. Interesting read! :p

As it is not a largely populated country (37 th with a population of nearly 40 million) and with quite a low crime rate, it is rarely in the news. According to someone that I know, a family of 4 have just managed to obtain a visa to emigrate and that the borders are now closing. They were told by the federal authorities that it is due to recent Isis attacks in Europe. They want to keep Canada a safe country.

I remember Pierre Trudeau ( Justin's father) and his wife Margaret who was 3o years younger than her husband. I think that her doings where quoted out of context and it is irrelevant to Justin's candidature. She certainly admits to having had a fling with Mick Jagger when she divorced Trudeau and is just one out of the numerous woman who have had affairs with Jagger.
Mr and Mrs Nobody have affairs and smoke pot as do famous people.

We are certainly not responsable for our families' actions.

Oh absolutely, I didn't mean to imply the mother's actions were relevant to the son's PM candidacy. He sounds like a better alternative than the current PM, in any case.

Reactions: Mel
Now we wait to see if he will f**k things up. That's quite the majority they have there. Not everyone who voted Liberal necessarily wanted them in power, we mostly wanted Harper out. So now, we wait.