Buying a House

To me they don't really look that different :laughing: but 6 is the best IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
To me they don't really look that different :laughing: but 6 is the best IMO.
Yes, they are very similar. I wanted something in the gray family but not completely gray. I was hoping to bring in just a hint of the brown/tan yet I don’t like the all brown wood look. But when I google “white kitchens I see a lot of white and gray with all wood floors. I don’t particularly like that.

Yes, they are very similar. I wanted something in the gray family but not completely gray. I was hoping to bring in just a hint of the brown/tan yet I don’t like the all brown wood look. But when I google “white kitchens I see a lot of white and gray with all wood floors. I don’t particularly like that.

I've rechecked and the last one (N°6) is the most neutral one with a light beige/fawn colour which blends in well with a white decor. I'm not a huge fan of grey colour schemes.
The last one also gives a slight hint of warmth to the white cabinets. The former can be quite harsh and the beige tint will give a warmer atmosphere to the kitchen. I think that a white colour scheme is far more suited in tropical climates.

Reactions: KLS52
To explain better, as beautiful as these kitchens are, I would not mix the white/gray/black with the wood floor. But then I’m not particularly good at decorating. I’ve made several errors already in this house. But I guess we like what we like.
C4E10E28-6FFC-4CD3-B658-E16E9E6CB4C9.png31315A9C-D063-4E2D-BCB9-C96E80316E52.pngCFB10149-7C5F-40FB-A523-9F9FD0D8E3E6.png

I've rechecked and the last one (N°6) is the most neutral one with a light beige/fawn colour which blends in well with a white decor. I'm not a huge fan of grey colour schemes.
The last one also gives a slight hint of warmth to the white cabinets. The former can be quite harsh and the beige tint will give a warmer atmosphere to the kitchen. I think that a white colour scheme is far more suited in tropical climates.
Gray is actually starting to go out of style...so I’ve heard from a few contractors. Apparently I’m always a little late to the game lol. Not that I go by style. I go by what appeals to me at the time and I’ve always loved gray. Most of my clothes are gray lol.

Gray is actually starting to go out of style...so I’ve heard from a few contractors. Apparently I’m always a little late to the game lol. Not that I go by style. I go by what appeals to me at the time and I’ve always loved gray. Most of my clothes are gray lol.
Ha ha. I also like to wear grey but am not too keen on it as a colour scheme in a home.
I'm actually wearing a YSL (someone gave it to me!) pale grey long sweatshirt. :p

I really hate the look of brown wood floors with grey!
Are you sold on a wood look flooring?

I really hate the look of brown wood floors with grey!
Are you sold on a wood look flooring?
Pretty much unless you want to try and convince me otherwise lol. It needs to be fairly inexpensive. And I absolutely hate tile with a passion. My daughter has a wood look tile in her bathroom and while it looks nice I still hate it because it’s tile. I just don’t like it. And I absolutely hate what I have now mostly because it is tile and partly because it’s pink.

Pretty much unless you want to try and convince me otherwise lol. It needs to be fairly inexpensive. And I absolutely hate tile with a passion. My daughter has a wood look tile in her bathroom and while it looks nice I still hate it because it’s tile. I just don’t like it. And I absolutely hate what I have now mostly because it is tile and partly because it’s pink.
Pink kitchen :laughing: . I looked at a house with a pink kitchen---like hot pink! The cabinets were hot pink! :rofl:.
I laid good peel and stick tile that was an emerald green, with a slight gold and black pattern. I was so proud of that floor, it was exactly what I wanted, and painted the walls a lightish blue

What is it about tile you dislike? like ceramic right?
Mine is ceramic, 18 ' squares, off white, with a dark grout that is never dirty 🤫. I have zero reason to even think of replacing it!

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
What is it about tile you dislike? like ceramic right?
Mine is ceramic, 18 ' squares, off white, with a dark grout that is never dirty 🤫. I have zero reason to even think of replacing it!
Yes ceramic. I don’t know if I can put my finger on what I don’t like about. Definitely the grout. Maybe if it wasn’t pink? Lol. And it’s hard and cold, looking and feeling.

I'm waiting for a decision on my mortgage application. Last week they told me I could expect a decision by early this week, but now they're telling me it could be as late as 31. Dec. They are sooo slow.
I was wondering where you were in the process. I hope it comes through sooner rather than later! 🤞🏼

• Agree
Reactions: Second Summer
I'm mentally adding up the maintenance my house will require by next summer. I just noticed the really old caulking around my windows broke loose! I've know it was super old and should have already had it done. Maybe something we will do? I'm not bad with a caulking gun, but my sons really aren't! A cinder block in the foundation also has a crack.
I see lots of overtime in my future

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
My mortgage application was successful! I'll receive the offer/paperwork in a few days. So now things are looking very promising, and we're hoping to start moving in a month's time, if everything else goes according to plan.