Breast milk

Qs4dayz

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Today I discovered that breast milk is infact considered vegan. Two major questions so far:
1. If a women does not want to breast feed and the child does not latch, she pumps and then gives the milk to the the child... Does it compromise the ethical properties of the breast milk? She then continues to pump, or if the child latches, etc.

2. What about the use of a wet nurse?

Today I discovered that breast milk is infact considered vegan. Two major questions so far:
1. If a women does not want to breast feed and the child does not latch, she pumps and then gives the milk to the the child... Does it compromise the ethical properties of the breast milk? She then continues to pump, or if the child latches, etc.

2. What about the use of a wet nurse?
Breast milk is only produced when an infant is going to be born.
Taking milk, from anyone, is wrong when it's not with consent
If someone wants to donate their milk, kidney, hair....whatever....it's their property to do with as they want. Informed consent
It's when someone has their property stolen, or when they're exploited that it becomes wrong.
If a wet nurse is being used without her consent, or exploited, then it's unethical, and for humans, would be illegal

Reactions: Lou
Alright, just to clarify, breast milk isn't only created when an infant is being born. That being said...
So you are saying that the use of breast milk without consent of the mother would infact not be considered as vegan product?
Or are you saying that it is unethical to take something from someone else without permission?
If the milk was discarded as waste, and then used, would it still be considered vegan?

Alright, just to clarify, breast milk isn't only created when an infant is being born. That being said...
So you are saying that the use of breast milk without consent of the mother would infact not be considered as vegan product?
Or are you saying that it is unethical to take something from someone else without permission?
If the milk was discarded as waste, and then used, would it still be considered vegan?
Well I'm not going into induced lactation because that doesn't apply to cows, and would only be done with consent for woman.
If it's taken without consent then no, it would not be vegan, it is completely unethical to take something without informed, and uncoerced, consent.
Are you speaking of cow milk being discarded as waste? Another species milk is never vegan, they cannot consent.

LaLeche league is a good place for information on breast feeding and donating

You might feel more comfortable seeing a lactation consultant instead of LaLeche League. I preferred the individual one on one attention for my wife and son.

The consultant will show you how to get a good latch.

The use of a human mother's breast milk to feed her own child, but without the mother's consent? What are you talking about? What human mother would refuse to allow her baby to drink her milk? Did you come here just to argue?

• Haha
Reactions: Lou
breast milk is not an ethical way to get vnutrence. it is ment for the child. and not allowing that child to accsess is cruel