Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damo

Forum Legend
Reaction score
What did you eat for breakfast today?

I ate a huge bowl of Cheerios! There's quite a lot of animal free cereal at supermarkets, I see honey in a lot of granola unfortunately though. :pensive:

Reactions: TravisSolomon
Oh, how long does frozen fruit last?

I'm skipping breakfast for a while (working to lose some weight). Then I'll have some fruits for lunch some for dinner. Like 4 bananas and a couple of clementines per meal. Sometimes I have brown rice, plain.

Oh, how long does frozen fruit last?
It will last a very long time in the freezer. Like months and months. I sometimes buy fresh fruit...cantaloupe, pineapple, berries, banana etc. and chop it into small pieces, then put it in freezer bags or containers and store in the freezer. I use it often for smoothies and hot cereals and fruit compotes over vegan pancakes etc. For a snack, I will eat a bowl of frozen very slightly thawed banana right out of the freezer. It starts to soften slightly after only a few minutes. It tastes like ice cream but is much healthier. I keep my added sugar intake low but do eat a lot of natural fruits, so frozen banana "ice cream" tastes wondrous to me, but if someone is used to a lot of sugar and added stuff, it might seem bland by itself.

Just had two slices of Food For Life whole wheat toast with fat free refried beans on top for breakfast.

I work out for 1.5 hours in the morning at the fitness center (or cycling to work and fitness center/home gym) so I have to eat a small breakfast for stamina and energy etc. I am always fascinated by people who can fast and work out on an empty stomach. I can do light cardio on an empty stomach, but not weight lifting, intense cardio and all the other physical activities I love to do. I am a relatively small person though without a lot of body fat to store extra energy, and while I have some good muscle tone, I don't have a TON of muscle lol, so that could be why.

Reactions: Lou
I have also given up grains except for the occassional indulgence. Even then I only eat organic sprouted bread from Ezekiel - love the raisin bread!

This morning I had an orange green smoothie with mint.

Just ate some canned pumpkin, banana, and PlantFusion protein powder all mashed together in a bowl for breakfast. Will be lifting some weights soon lol.

Breakfast this morning was cold cooked wild rice, blueberries, cinnamon and oats. I made a huge batch of wild rice last night on my day off and plan to have it for breakfast throughout the week.Wild Rice Oats Blueberry cereal.jpg

I've just switched to porridge for Winter. I don't like microwaves though, so it's more washing up. Delicious and worth it.
Today I had a third oat milk in my oats as it makes it a bit more creamier, although I love it tangy with salt on most days.

Reactions: kelli
Breakfast this morning was cold cooked wild rice, blueberries, cinnamon and oats. I made a huge batch of wild rice last night on my day off and plan to have it for breakfast throughout the week.View attachment 360
Awesome list! Thanks for sharing this- nice stuff! It is really nice and I will recommend this link to my friends

I had a bowl of quinoa for breakfast today; granted my diet is a little repetitive based on numerous factors (partly to blame for being a bad cook and having an ASD!) - I'm just as likely to have the same all day long, but at least quinoa is packed with protein.

This has reminded me that of the supplies I need to stock up on, one is some kind of sauce/topping option for all my numerous bowls of things! :)

Reactions: ski
Always, always a bowl of porridge for breakfast. Topped with Sprinkle (if you are in a silly mood you can make a smiley face with Sprinkle). Further topped with fruit cut into smallish pieces. A little soya milk added around the edge.

Early in the season the fruit was my own home grown strawberries. Later ditto gooseberries. Later still ditto damsons. Currently Victoria plums.

Sadly am now down to the last half dozen plums so that means an expedition to Sainsbury’s for green grapes.

I usually have 2 cups of special K protein cereal, 1.5 cups of soy milk, a half cup of peanuts, and a banana for breakfast. That gets me around 50g of protein for breakfast. I do this meal 2x per day (one as a pre-workout snack).

Shop-bought muesli (sugar free) with sweetener and I add 1 handful walnuts, 1 heaped dessert spoon ground almonds, 1 heaped dessert spoon ground flax seed, 1 heaped dessert spoon mixed seeds, 1 tsp cinnamon plus soya milk. And I have a banana after that. Then a cup of tea with soya milk.

Reactions: kelli and ski
thawed frozen berries mixed with 2 sliced bananas, some walnuts, some cacao powder, some flax meal mmmm

a side of oil-free pita with peanut butter on it

Emma JC

A breakfast sandwich. Slice of tofu heated with turmeric, garlic powder and onion powder, gardein sausage patty, veganaise and a slice of daiya provolone.

Status
Not open for further replies.