Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a recent convert to overnight oats. I soak porridge oats and sultanas in soya or coconut milk overnight then add a banana, and ground flax in the morning. Some crushed nuts too if I'm really hungry.

Really like the idea of preparing some quinoa or wild rice for the mornings too, I might give that a to!

Reactions: ski
I had a piece of toast and then planned to go back for fruit and forgot. Pretty hungry now for lunch!

Steel cut oats cooked with frozen cranberries - topped with thawed strawberry slices and blueberries, flax meal, a few chopped walnuts, a sprinkle of turmeric.

A side of thickly cut and toasted sprouted bread toast with natural peanut butter.

mmmmm

A whole grain bagel with guacamole. Something I've also eaten recently for several days prior is canned organic mashed pumpkin with unsweetened applesauce, warmed in the microwave for a minute or two, then sweetened with maple syrup or brown sugar. I love these fall/winter types of things - I've also added canned pumpkin to my oatmeal with spices and sweetener on holidays in the recent past. Pumpkin is surprisingly filling.

2 bananas chopped with berries and sprinkled with cocao powder and flax meal (forgot the walnuts today)
whole grain pita with peanut butter

I drink every day spirulina smoothie with banana and chia seeds :) And I eat some peanut butter.
That's usually my breakfast. :D

I found canned vegan tuna at the store so I made one of my favorites tuna pasta salad. It's got a good texture and look but not quite right on the taste of actual tuna. I make chickpea salad which is a substitute for tuna salad and it's amazing. Maybe I'll try a mixture next time.

I use rinsed canned chickpeas. I don't get dry chickpeas because they take too long to cook. I make chickpea salad and chickpea balls for spagghetti with them. I just mash them with a hand masher for both recipes. They are also called garbanzo beans.

Wholemeal toast with Vegemite (Aussie here as well), homemade hashbrowns with some spring onion and a mustard/ketchup sauce

Reactions: alleycat
I had cashews and dried figs. I have been really into both lately.

Edited to add: And a banana.

I had a piece of leftover veggie pizza (topped with tomato sauce, mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, peppers, and broccoli), a piece of pomegranate chocolate (AMAZING!), and some cashews. Maybe a fig as well, I don't remember exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.