Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All out in the garden grazing on tomato, lettuce, spinach, capsicum and a pawpaw rubbed with chilli. Spent all day outside from 6 am until 5 pm. Gee I am tired

I had a banana. lol. Yep, that's it. For some reason I got busy before I headed out the door, and I forgot to eat, if you can believe that. Seriously, I got to starbucks for my morning green tea, and realized I had not eaten yet. So they happened to have some bananas by the till, so I just had one of those. It will have to do, unfortunately.

Overnight oatmeal with blackberries, tofu sandwich with melted daiya cheddar and a side of sauteed greens.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Coffee

purple grapes with seeds
a little later homemade hash browns, about 3 medium sized potatoes worth with salt, pepper, ketchup and some Chinese cabbage

I had a shake for breakfast. It was going to be pancakes, but I added a little too much water and instead of adding more dry materials, just decided to chug it instead of cook it.

Shake: Water, frozen banana pieces with peel, frozen blueberries, crushed flax seeds and rolled oats, pitted dates.

Today's breaky was brown rice and black bean (1 day germinated), with a sauce made from onion, garlic, cumin and pepitas, salt, olive and sesame seed oil, along with some cos lettuce and carrot.

+ a drink made from sesame seeds and dates, blended.

This wasn't this morning, but I went on a field trip with my outdoor recreation class, and on Sunday morning our breakfast included vegan options - there were grapes, bananas, coffee as well as warm tortillas with HOT TOFURKY (like literally they took the sandwich slices and shredded and warmed them for us), sliced avocado and salsa. I was pretty happy with what they offered the vegans, and I thought I should mention it.

Breakfast this morning was some coffee followed by rolled oats, flax seed, banana with peel and a few dates + water in a shake.

Reactions: Veganite
I had a shake this morning too. Mine was mostly hemp heart milk, banana, the last of my spinach, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Yum!

@Nekodaiden
I must admit that banana peel shake made me chuckle. I've heard peels do in fact have health benefits, but I've never been brave enough to try them. It just seems all wrong. I hope you washed them thoroughly.

I had a shake this morning too. Mine was mostly hemp heart milk, banana, the last of my spinach, and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Yum!

@Nekodaiden
I must admit that banana peel shake made me chuckle. I've heard peels do in fact have health benefits, but I've never been brave enough to try them. It just seems all wrong. I hope you washed them thoroughly.

I did a little research and while much of it is sketchy, what I found was clear is that:

They make good compost (so they must have some minerals)
They are consumed in parts of Asia (so they are safe), although usually cooked
They contain fiber
Primates eat them

The specific vitamin/nutrient content in general I couldn't find a good source for, but the above was enough to consider generally safe/beneficial.

When I get bananas, I often get the ones that a grocer has marked down because in a few days they will start to get really brown/spotted. Cut them into about discs about a finger width, peel and all, and store them in freezer bags in the freezer. When blended in a shake, one wouldn't even know or suspect peel content.

Oh, and by eating them you get a no slip bonus of 5 and a no waste bonus of 20 :p

• Haha
Reactions: Veganite
I just made some steel cut oatmeal. I made enough for a few days. I just top it with fresh fruit, and there's breakfast.

Purple grapes with seeds followed by boiled and toasted sunflower seeds (in hulls)

Coffee with sesame seed milk (unhulled sesame seed butter + water and blended)

Toasted bread, Vegemite, hash browns and Chinese cabbage in a sandwich.

Just a coffee. I usually don't eat until lunch time or after.

Sliced banana with crunchy peanut butter on bread, hashbrown and bread with butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.