Breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, dumplings are "pel'meni"...😁
It looks like we'll be able to have a small conversation in russian in the future. Seriously, you're good.😎
I soon understood it as a gift to know another language without having to learn it as an adult. Languages still are a huge barrier (even though according to a Sci-Fi book the translator fish caused more war than ever before because people dont had to learn new languages to prepare war treaties). I wonder if there are designated swearwords in Esperanto...

Unfortunately I lost contact since my dear mother passed away... but the feeling of loosing part of my roots is allready getting unbearable. For years now I plan to take half a year off and travel through russia. Not the big settlements but small villages where people will look at me like an alien that cruedly speaks their language. People living on the countryside are usually a bit bored so I imagine if a foreigner shows up with 2-3 bottles of vodka and the offer to work the fields for a place to sleep and some food... I think I gonna have a pretty good time! Learning old recipes, listening to folklore, learning about the different cultures of the huge russian federation.... and above all.... eating real food!!!

I have nothing exciting like foreign things to talk about, for speaking about breakfast. But the issue I deal with has me making a dinner meal for breakfast. I make it when I wake up at the start of the day. Any later than that these days will be too hot for me where I am, I can't have it cool enough where I am. So today I started with potato cooked to be like baked potato, made with cabbage, hummus, and salsa, with seasonings and ACV. Later I had a tortilla I heated with vegetarian refried beans, salsa, and cabbage. I just ate some of my non-dairy and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream, it is too hot for wanting something else now, and I just have cold drinks through the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
I have nothing exciting like foreign things to talk about, for speaking about breakfast. But the issue I deal with has me making a dinner meal for breakfast. I make it when I wake up at the start of the day. Any later than that these days will be too hot for me where I am, I can't have it cool enough where I am. So today I started with potato cooked to be like baked potato, made with cabbage, hummus, and salsa, with seasonings and ACV. Later I had a tortilla I heated with vegetarian refried beans, salsa, and cabbage. I just ate some of my non-dairy and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream, it is too hot for wanting something else now, and I just have cold drinks through the day.

I think eating dinner for breakfast is a great idea and it sets you up for the day. You could always have a bit of breakfast for dinner...

We are about to have our red lentil/steel cut oat porridge with blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, black berries, banana and a side of PB on toast.

Emma JC

Reactions: windrose
I think eating dinner for breakfast is a great idea and it sets you up for the day. You could always have a bit of breakfast for dinner...

We are about to have our red lentil/steel cut oat porridge with blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, black berries, banana and a side of PB on toast.

Emma JC
I know you are Canadian...thats what l just had!

Reactions: Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.