Beyond Meat Burgers

Vegan Bean Patties

Healthy bean patties, easy to make in only 25 minutes!

Prep Time15 mins

Cook Time10 mins

Total Time 25 mins

Servings: 4 burger patties

Equipment

oil sprayer

blender

kitchen spatula

Ingredients

Bean Patties:

½ onion

2 garlic cloves

250 g borlotti, pinto or white beans cooked or from the can

5 drops tabasco

½ tsp salt

pepper

sweet paprika powder

15 g dried herbs

2 tbsp yeast flakes

1 tbsp mustard

1 tbsp tomato puree

30 g sunflower seeds

2 tbsp flour

Bell pepper & zucchini salad

1 bell pepper red or yellow

250 g zucchini

1 tbsp vinegar

1 tsp salt

2 tsp sugar

Tomato sauce:

300 g stieved tomatoes

rosemary

Instructions

Chop onion and garlic cloves and roast them gently in a pan.

Put the beans, spices, herbs, yeast flakes, tomato puree, mustard and roasted onion and garlic in a blender and mix, until the mixture forms little chunks.

Use a spatula to get the mixture out of the blender and into a bowl, add the sunflower seeds for the crunch and the flour and mix it with the spatula, until it forms a soft "dough". Form 4 patties out of the mixture.

Spray some olive oil onto the pan with the oil sprayer and let the patties cook there for 5 minutes on each side on medium heat.

Serve the burger patties with the warm bell pepper & zucchini salad and the tomato sauce (my protein packed option) OR in a burger bun with your favorite toppings.

Reactions: Emma JC
Vegan sausages

INGREDIENTS

1 15-oz can (or 1 ½ cups) kidney beans (or any)

1 12-oz jar kalamata olives AND brine

1 cup vegan beef broth (see note 2)

¼ cup agave or maple syrup

2 tablespoon tomato paste

3 tablespoon garlic powder (not a typo, really, tablespoon!)

2 tablespoon onion powder

2 tablespoon smoked paprika

1 tablespoon ground mustard seed

1 teaspoon sea salt

½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper

1 teaspoon sriracha, optional (to taste, do more if you like spicy)

2 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoon vital wheat gluten

⅓ cup - ½ cup firm tofu crumbles (optional, don’t use if you can’t have soy)

INSTRUCTIONS

Make the dough: Add beans, olives and brine, agave, spices, tomato paste, sriracha if using, and broth (basically everything except the vital wheat gluten and tofu (if using) to your food processor and blend until mostly smooth. Some black specs of the bean skin may remain and that’s OK. Now add the vital wheat gluten and pulse until mostly combined. If using the tofu crumbles, add them in now and pulse a few times. Your dough may still be a little powdery. We’ll fix that. Add the dough to a medium bowl. Press it into one lump. If it looks a little powdery still, wet your hands and smooth the areas. Don’t knead the dough.

Prepare: Set up a station with some prepared sheets of aluminum foil (I recommend 18” wide heavy duty aluminum foil). Each sheet should be about the size of a half sheet pan, about 13” by 18”. A little less or more is fine, but I like to be able to roll the sausage a few times to keep it from coming apart later. This recipe makes about 8-10 sausages, so prep at least 8 sheets.

Optional step: If you care about making all your sausages the same size, weigh the lump of seitan on a food scale and divide it into equal portions for however many sausages you want to have. So, if you have 1600 grams of seitan and you want to make 8 sausages (these will be large and thick, like brats), each portion should weigh 200 grams.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
I wanted to write the above two recipes were off topic, but the sausages with a jar of olives had me too intrigued! :heart_eyes:
I haven't like Beyond Burgers since they made them "meatier". Same with all the vegan sub burgers