TV & Film Best/Favorite Pro-LGBT movies?

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I'll start.

Victor/Victoria, which I'm watching right now and I'm enjoying it thoroughly. :)

Oh, and if you think of a movie you like that doesn't specifically have a gay theme but there's one or two scenes that are pro-gay, go ahead and list it.

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I can't remember the name of it, but there was this one movie where these two women witnessed some crime, so they ran away and ended up in a gay bar. They pretended to be men that were drag queens.

It was interesting. I liked that movie.

ETA: Just looked it up. It was called Connie and Carla.

Brokeback Mountain, one of my all time favorite movies.
I've always wanted to see that but just never have.:(

I would love to but I have so many current movies I'd like to watch first.I keep putting it off and than my list gets longer and longer.Some how it always stays last.

But I'm A Cheerleader

I watched this when I was about 11, I remember liking it (but thinking it was a little raunchy!) and wanted to watch it again, you just reminded me.

There's a film called "saved" which I really liked, but it's kinda cheesy. I don't know if it's pro-LGBT, but the gist is that it's okay to be Christian and gay and it's un-christian to be unaccepting of gay people so I guess it could be.

Reactions: thefadedone
Brokeback Mountain, one of my all time favorite movies.

I wanted to like this movie , but I just couldn't. I tried to finish it three times without falling asleep. I found it incredibly boring, drawn out and neverending. I also couldn't understand a damn word Heath Ledger was saying throughout the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115736/

One of my favorite movies of all times. I saw it at a G&L film fest many years ago and the crowd cheered during some of the parts. I love Jennifer Tilly.

She just oozes sex appeal.

I watched this when I was about 11, I remember liking it (but thinking it was a little raunchy!) and wanted to watch it again, you just reminded me.

There's a film called "saved" which I really liked, but it's kinda cheesy. I don't know if it's pro-LGBT, but the gist is that it's okay to be Christian and gay and it's un-christian to be unaccepting of gay people so I guess it could be.

Definitely rewatch it. The raunchiness is one of the things that made the movie so great. And RuPaul!

Saved is one of my favorites also. One of the best for sure.:up:

Gia is another good movie. Although pretty depressing.

There's an Australian movie, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert which I've read about, but I've never gotten around to watching it. Has anyone seen this? Recommend it?

Reactions: Freesia
There's an Australian movie, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert which I've read about, but I've never gotten around to watching it. Has anyone seen this? Recommend it?

With Guy Pearce? If so, excellent movie! Impressive performances.

Yes Priscilla Queen Of the Desert is my favourite. A fun movie. Reminds me of high school. I once performed one of the songs in front of about 50 people... I still have the CD.

Reactions: thefadedone