Been away for awhile

Grayveggie

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hello folks! I’ve been away for quite awhile do to a job change, family stuff, etc., but am now back and want advice/support. I’m still a vegetarian, I never transitioned to vegan as I had planned. However, I’m working on it s l o w l y and also trying to fit in exercise. I hope to meet fellow veggies in transition to chat with.

Hello folks! I’ve been away for quite awhile do to a job change, family stuff, etc., but am now back and want advice/support. I’m still a vegetarian, I never transitioned to vegan as I had planned. However, I’m working on it s l o w l y and also trying to fit in exercise. I hope to meet fellow veggies in transition to chat with.
See a registered dietician firstly so you get enough nutrients on the diet, and if you really like dairy, there are vegan cheese products and recipes, some of them are nut free which don't require lots of money or soaking the nuts for hours.

Reactions: Lou
See a registered dietician firstly so you get enough nutrients on the diet, and if you really like dairy, there are vegan cheese products and recipes, some of them are nut free which don't require lots of money or soaking the nuts for hours.
I don't think its necessary to put an RD on the top of your list. the science of nutrition is not rocket science. But you do need to take some time getting Vegucated. Read a book, or watch a documentary. or even just read the nutrition based posts here.

See a registered dietician firstly so you get enough nutrients on the diet, and if you really like dairy, there are vegan cheese products and recipes, some of them are nut free which don't require lots of money or soaking the nuts for hours
Do you recommend seeing an RD to everyone, or just those looking to become vegan? 🤔

Do you recommend seeing an RD to everyone, or just those looking to become vegan? 🤔
Anyone who hasn't seen one before. I didn't know how to eat healthy for years and didn't get enough protein, fruits or vegetables. I'll try to find a link on how to eat healthy as a vegan.

I don't think its necessary to put an RD on the top of your list. the science of nutrition is not rocket science. But you do need to take some time getting Vegucated. Read a book, or watch a documentary. or even just read the nutrition based posts here.
I recommend it because every website would say something different, even dietitians(not registered) and I eventually realised a registered professional would know.

I can't find any websites with the information I was given. Basically, you need about 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of your weight, but it varies if you exercise more or have had an injury.
2.5 cups(measured uncooked) of vegetables, 2 cups of fruits, B12 supplement, 30 grams(not of protein) of nuts, three brazil nuts for calcium, I think 1.5 teaspoons of chia seeds for omega 3s, as well as using canola oil for cooking, and have high iron foods with vitamin C, and avoid caffeine 2 hours before or after. Also keep an eye on your iron levels as it's difficult to get enough iron on a vegan diet, my doctors told me. I had to have an infusion, but I wasn't combining vitamin C with high iron foods.

Anyone who hasn't seen one before. I didn't know how to eat healthy for years and didn't get enough protein, fruits or vegetables. I'll try to find a link on how to eat healthy as a vegan.
I was just being snarky.....
So many think a plant based diet is somehow so much harder to maintain proper nutrition, when most never bother to see that the diet they've been raised on is lacking nutritionally.

Last edited: