Balancing health naturally

pamsworld44

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello all. I have endometriosis and deal with a lot of awful side effects. I have been trying to adopt a plant based Whole Foods diet, no gluten and no sugar also. It’s very hard to be consistent. I feel like I’m on a constant cycle of going back and forth. Seems to happen when my hormones shift and I get depressed during that time also and lose my motivation. Anybody dealing with the same thing or have tips on how to make this change a permanent thing?

welcome to the forum Pam

Do you have an actual gluten allery? if you don't then you may wish to consider not trying to do gluten free as you are shifting to a whole food plant based diet. Many of the starches that make this lifestyle enjoyable do have some gluten and it adds an extra layer of stress to try to avoid gluten too. Have you lightened up on oils as well?

I too had dabbled with plant-based a few times over the years before going there completely and it was hearing Dr McDougall on a talk show that allowed me to see how simple it could and how enjoyable. Two weeks away from 3 years so very thankful.

If you google "dr mcdougall endometriosis" you will find some interesting results including this one:

And if you google "whole food plant based endometriosis" you will find more amazing information.

I wish you all the best, endo can be so debilitating and I am so thankful never to have experienced it.

Sending healing thoughts, Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
I’ve read up on it and it’s stating gluten is inflammatory as well as sugar. So I’m doing what would be more described as an anti-inflammatory diet. But since meat and dairy is also laden with hormones, I’m avoiding that too. I’ll check out the site thank you. I am going to try juicing for 10 days and cleansing

welcome to the forum Pam

Do you have an actual gluten allery? if you don't then you may wish to consider not trying to do gluten free as you are shifting to a whole food plant based diet. Many of the starches that make this lifestyle enjoyable do have some gluten and it adds an extra layer of stress to try to avoid gluten too. Have you lightened up on oils as well?

I too had dabbled with plant-based a few times over the years before going there completely and it was hearing Dr McDougall on a talk show that allowed me to see how simple it could and how enjoyable. Two weeks away from 3 years so very thankful.

If you google "dr mcdougall endometriosis" you will find some interesting results including this one:

And if you google "whole food plant based endometriosis" you will find more amazing information.

I wish you all the best, endo can be so debilitating and I am so thankful never to have experienced it.

Sending healing thoughts, Emma JC

yes, inflammation is key and on the scale of inflammatory foods, sugars, processed carbs, oils, saturated fats are much higher on the list than whole wheat/gluten

My suggestion would be to drop the oils and minimize added sugars, salts and processed foods as much as you can. Whole fats like nuts, seeds, tahini, avocado etc are so much better and yet still kept to a dull roar.

Juicing is a fun idea and one of the better things is juicing in a food processor as opposed to a juicing machine. That keeps all the fibre within the juices. Dr Greger has a great video on this:

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-greger-in-the-kitchen-my-new-favorite-beverage/

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
I make shakes in the morning containing seeds and kale and spirulina and hemp protein powder some Chagall mushroom powder and a bit of fruit. I want to keep that going as it’s great for protein and fiber. Want to disassociate from eating out as much as possible

yes, inflammation is key and on the scale of inflammatory foods, sugars, processed carbs, oils, saturated fats are much higher on the list than whole wheat/gluten

My suggestion would be to drop the oils and minimize added sugars, salts and processed foods as much as you can. Whole fats like nuts, seeds, tahini, avocado etc are so much better and yet still kept to a dull roar.

Juicing is a fun idea and one of the better things is juicing in a food processor as opposed to a juicing machine. That keeps all the fibre within the juices. Dr Greger has a great video on this:

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-greger-in-the-kitchen-my-new-favorite-beverage/

Emma JC

Reactions: Emma JC