1. Other
500 g finely shredded white cabbage
170 ml non dairy cream
2 tbs of finely chopped cashew nuts
1 tsp of Dijon mustard
salt & freshl ground pepper
4 tbs of brown breadcrumbs
olive oil
Discard stalks and use only the finely grated cabbage.
Mix the mustard, cream, nuts,salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Put the cabbage into an oiled oven dish, cover with the cream mixture.
Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
Bake oven 180 °C for approx 35 - 45 mins.
00402927.jpg

Reactions: Everleigh
I just had some of the baked cabbage.:lick: It was really good.The only change I made was that I used full-fat coconut milk for the non dairy cream.

I felt it was slightly plain.But I still liked it a lot.I was thinking if you wanted to add a spice what would be good to add?

Did you season it with plenty of salt and pepper ? You could also add a few drops of lemon juice. If you really like spice with cabbage, juniper is really the magical ingredient.

You could also add caraway or dill but be careful not to overpower the dish by using too many spices. Adding some chopped garlic will also give it more depth.

images

Reactions: Everleigh
Did you season it with plenty of salt and pepper ? You could also add a few drops of lemon juice. If you really like spice with cabbage, juniper is really the magical ingredient.

You could also add caraway or dill but be careful not to overpower the dish by using too many spices.
The juniper berries sound good but don't think I could find them here.I think I'm going to try the dill.Thanks,Shyvas!

I love cabbage, too. I just made some in vegetable broth and added a little tomato paste. I had some of it with seasoned potatoes and some with cannelini beans. It was sooooo good!

Reactions: shyvas