News Baby Found Abandoned in a Drain

Very sad, but I'm happy that the baby is alive and okay.

We do have a "safe harbor" law here, but unfortunately there are still reports of babies being abandoned and left to die in dumpsters, etc. The law says that anyone who leaves their babies at certain places (hospitals, fire stations, police stations) won't be prosecuted, but I doubt everyone knows about that. There must be some pretty frightened people who abandon their babies to die, or even kill their babies and dump the bodies.

Very sad, but I'm happy that the baby is alive and okay.

We do have a "safe harbor" law here, but unfortunately there are still reports of babies being abandoned and left to die in dumpsters, etc. The law says that anyone who leaves their babies at certain places (hospitals, fire stations, police stations) won't be prosecuted, but I doubt everyone knows about that. There must be some pretty frightened people who abandon their babies to die, or even kill their babies and dump the bodies.

That is the best thing that can be done if the mother decides to abandon her baby. Many people have left them on doorsteps of churches or in places where they will be found.
I once knew a woman who had adopted a baby boy that was thrown into a dustbin (in Africa) and was eaten by ants and in a pitiful state.

Newborn baby found in a drain in Sydney's north west.