b12 supplement and omega 3 with no additives/ flavor

• Thread starter Deleted member 12226
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12226

I've mentioned in a thread before my fear of pills and anything artificial. One thing that really helps is if it doesn't have any taste or added sugar or flavoring (like gummies and lemon flavoring) I'm trying to get over this. My mom has found a b12 pill by "Pure Formulas" that doesn't appear to have anything in it really besides b12. Does anybody know if this is a good company? I want to make sure what I'm putting in my body is really going to help me. Is there a seaweed omega 3 that has little taste or flavoring?

I use the Deva Omega 3 DHA soft gel pills, never noticed a flavor.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou
Ok, I got out my DEVA Omega 3 DHA-EPA.
When I open the container and put my nose inside there is a smell, not unpleasant but its there. It contains orange oil and rosemary extract so maybe that is what I smell. Honestly, until just now I've never noticed a smell.

This is what the company says.
DEVA™ is proud to offer its new product that contains both DHA and EPA derived from a completely vegetarian source (i.e. Schizochytrium sp microalgae). Algal Omega-3 oil has been commercially available for a while but it did not contain meaningful amounts of EPA. This new product contains both Omega-3 DHA and EPA from microalgae that is grown in a controlled land facility, outside of the ocean. From start to finish, it is produced in an FDA-inspected facility, under current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) regulations with controls in place to ensure the highest quality product.​
DEVA DHA & EPA oil is encapsulated in delayed-release vegetarian capsules to help reduce repeat/aftertaste issues associated with Omega-3 products. This type of non-animal capsules do not contain any gelatin or other animal-derived ingredients.​
DEVA Omega-3 DHA & EPA is 100% vegan, vegetarian and is registered by the Vegan Society, the non-profit organization that actually invented the word "vegan".​

I also have DEVA Flaxseed oil capsules - cause not every day do I consume flaxseed.
It doesn't seem to have any odor at all.

this is what the company says.

DEVA™ Flaxseed Oil is one of the finest flax oil supplements on the market. Our Vegan Flaxseed Oil capsules provide all the benefits of flaxseed oil without having to taste the oil itself, which some find unpleasant.​
Flax seed oil is nature's one of the most potent sources of Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids.*​
The flax seed oil used in our product is organic, unrefined and cold-pressed*​
In order to provide peace-of-mind to our consumers, our products have been registered with the Vegan Society. This non-profit organization, which first coined the phrase "vegan," has a strict and detailed process for registering vegan products.​
For B-12 I take 1000mg, twice a week.
I use Nature Bounty's B-12 cause it is less expensive than DEVA.
It also doesn't appear to have any odor at all.

When I checked the website, this company makes a variety of B12 products that I hadn't known about. maybe next time I will get one of these others.

Finally I would like to also suggest DEVA Tiny Tablet MultiVitamins. These truly are tiny and they are what I consider minimalistic. And inexpensive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into these supplements.

I've mentioned in a thread before my fear of pills and anything artificial. One thing that really helps is if it doesn't have any taste or added sugar or flavoring (like gummies and lemon flavoring) I'm trying to get over this. My mom has found a b12 pill by "Pure Formulas" that doesn't appear to have anything in it really besides b12. Does anybody know if this is a good company? I want to make sure what I'm putting in my body is really going to help me. Is there a seaweed omega 3 that has little taste or flavoring?
Can you post a link to the "Pure Formulas" vitamin B12 website?

Nature's Bounty is like 1/3 the cost.
Even the DEVA B12 is less expensive. and they are a very reputable company. The DEVA product is also a lozenge so I think its more bio-available. it is artificially sweetened tho.

Pure encapsulations is a reputable company, but I would suggest their sublingual drops rather than the capsules. Yes,they have flavor, but not artificial, and much better absorbed-

Thank you. How do you determine whether a company is reputable? Any research I do on a company on the internet I am afraid they own the website or paid somebody who does to write that they are trustworthy.

Another question, I know they have no fish in them but do the algae oil pills still have a seafoody flavor ?

Thank you. How do you determine whether a company is reputable? Any research I do on a company on the internet I am afraid they own the website or paid somebody who does to write that they are trustworthy.

Another question, I know they have no fish in them but do the algae oil pills still have a seafoody flavor ?

the Pure Encapsulation B-12 link is from Amazon. And between Amazon, and the certifications and recommendations that company is definitely a a good one. I wish I could tell you you can trust the reviews - but Amazon reviews aren't all that trustworthy.

I also mentioned earlier that the product was really expensive. but I just now realized that you would just be doing 1 ml a week. So a bottle should last almost 8 months.

They do if you burp! I find taking them in the morning before eating anything prevents burps. I just have coffee
Dr Greger has said the algae dha is all from the same source, so I just shop around for good deals and watch what's added.
I have these now-

Are you seeing anyone to help with your anxiety? That stress will do you more harm than most additives

• Informative
Thanks Silva. I have reflux so I'm concerned about it. I have seen many psychiatrists over my lifetime. This is just a life long struggle for me. Your algae supplement just says vegetable capsule. Usually they are more detailed about the ingredients of the capsule. Is a veggie capsule different from the soft gel capsules?

Never mind I read further down and found out what they are made of.