Are we a *Post Truth* society?

M

mlp

This opinion piece (in which Romney is labelled the "post truth candidate") started me thinking whether we are in fact a post truth society. It seems to me that, in a period where more people have access to more information than ever before, even the most blatant lies and the wildest speculations are more readily believed than ever before.

Your thoughts?

It seems to me that, in a period where more people have access to more information than ever before, even the most blatant lies and the wildest speculations are more readily believed than ever before.

Your thoughts?
That does seem like a paradox. I guess there are many factors at play that prevent the enlightenment of the people: 1. Lack of time. (Not sure if this is more of a problem now than it was before.) 2. Information overload: There is so much information available that people have trouble processing it, and distinguishing the important information from the unimportant info. 3. Difficulty understanding which sources to trust. Why is The Atlantic a more trustworthy publication than Billy Bob's Blog?

What was the opinion piece you read, btw?