April Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have managed to lose 4 pounds since I weighed myself a few weeks ago! I am encouraged! I have managed to be under my calorie budget a couple of days as well. I am getting quite a few more steps in too; some days I get over 10,000.

Well done!

I had a very unsatisfying salad one day for lunch. I tried sherry vinegar and hated it :yuck:. I choked it down, but as soon as I got home I delved into some Sunchips and peanut butter cookies my son got :sigh:

I know what you mean about salads, if I make a bad dressing it ruins it for me. I've really gone off apple cider vinegar recently.

I just had a nice salad for lunch - avocado, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and green olives with lemon juice and sea salt.

I don't really love salads unless they are full of nuts and berries. But I will eat more salad once my tomatoes start producing! The calories are so low! (until you start piling on the goodies to make it less boring)

I don't really love salads unless they are full of nuts and berries. But I will eat more salad once my tomatoes start producing! The calories are so low! (until you start piling on the goodies to make it less boring)
Then i'm a weirdo:p: i devour salads every day, sometimes twice a day, considering that i have meals only twice a day (mostly).:iiam: There is the dark side of the moon: when i'm deprived of salads for 2 days or more,- i start experiencing serious digestive problems. Really, what am i gonna do in Yekaterinburg, without an access to raw veggies for 6 days???:eek: :D

I do love salads! I buy the pound container of organic spring greens from Aldis once a week, walnuts or beans, dried cranberries, apple or mandarin segments, olives, celery, carrots, cucumbers, peppers. I can do just a drizzle of white balsamic just fine without oil, but I tried sherry vinegar for something different, and it's crazy tart and not to my liking at all. I thought it would be more like red wine vinegar, but it's not. Like it's tart without flavor.
I also like a tahini lemon garlic dressing

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I also like a tahini lemon garlic dressing
This is so interesting!:flirt: Do you mind if i ask you: do you make it yourself? If so, what proportions do you use? And, in general, how do you like it? (I have a brand new jar of tahini paste. I bought it, because i was going to make hummus, and i really like lemon-flavoured hummus. But what if this tahini will be of a different taste, if it's even possible?) I'm doubtful... I'd like to try it as it is first (if it's not poisonous as it is, lol). And i heard that people make salad dressings. Is it worth it? I'd like to hear your opinion before i waste the whole jar of tahini for naught.:D

Salads are neither healthy nor low calorie the way I eat them.

This is so interesting!:flirt: Do you mind if i ask you: do you make it yourself? If so, what proportions do you use? And, in general, how do you like it? (I have a brand new jar of tahini paste. I bought it, because i was going to make hummus, and i really like lemon-flavoured hummus. But what if this tahini will be of a different taste, if it's even possible?) I'm doubtful... I'd like to try it as it is first (if it's not poisonous as it is, lol). And i heard that people make salad dressings. Is it worth it? I'd like to hear your opinion before i waste the whole jar of tahini for naught.:D
Roughly this, though I make date paste about once a week, by covering pitted medjool dates with hot water, then blending.
Life's Guarantees + Plant-Based Lemon Tahini Dressing (Tahini Aka T-Crack)

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I have date paste that’s been in the freezer for over a year...do you think it’s still good? (Poppy, cover your ears/eyes). Lol!

I have date paste that’s been in the freezer for over a year...do you think it’s still good? (Poppy, cover your ears/eyes). Lol!
How much, and how is it sealed?
I would really doubt it's ok!
I do have 3 pounds of dates in the freezer from when Aldi had them at $2.99! I expect the last pack may be used months from now. I never froze date paste, I make it every week with 6 dates

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
If you have defrosted your freezer within this year, then it's probably not ok to eat this paste now. And if the temperature was warmer than -12°C,- then i wouldn't eat it if i were you.:shrug: OTOH, our people don't give a sh*t: they keep pelmeni (meat dumplings) for 2 years, defrost the fridge several times, and then cheerfully devour them, as we say, "in two cheeks", without a single shade of doubt.:p

Reactions: KLS52
I love that it is 6 AM and light enough to go walking. This is my favorite thing about this time of year, the early morning lateness. I’m going to skip my walk however because it is only 33° and I did not sleep well last night. It should warm up into the 50s so I will go on my lunch break instead.

I love that it is 6 AM and light enough to go walking. This is my favorite thing about this time of year, the early morning lateness. I’m going to skip my walk however because it is only 33° and I did not sleep well last night. It should warm up into the 50s so I will go on my lunch break instead.
I am waiting until it warms up to walk. It's sunny now, but the clouds are supposed to roll in later. I hope to get out around 1 for a nice walk.

Reactions: Val
I picked up my bike from the shop today and biked the 2-3 km home. I forgot to use the gps tracker.

Last night I baked cupcakes and ate lots of the icing. Oops. Well I'd rather eat yummy homemade treats than garbage from the store. Make it count, I say.

I plan to make several salads this week, but not the lettuce kind. One uses parsnips, another uses mushrooms. And I need to think of an omni-friendly dish for dinner. Maybe leek-artichoke soup.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.