April Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought my spiralizer out of retirement and made courgette noodles with tomatoes and sliced olives with a sprinkle of Cornish sea salt.
Eeeeh... Spiralizer...:ma: :sigh: As we say, "i'm sleeping and watching" how i'm getting a new paycheck, so that i could finaly afford a spiralizer i've been dreaming about.:zen:

Reactions: Val and KLS52
April has been a challenge and it’s winning. :p

According to the scale, I've lost 3 pounds in the past couple of weeks! At first I thought the scale might be wrong, but the numbers have been slowly going down each day. I try to weigh myself at the same time of day, before eating, for the sake of accuracy.

Last night I made myself run for about 35 minutes. I managed to keep a fairly steady jog, with fewer walking intervals than usual. The app also told me that my "average pace" is a bit higher than usual, so I know i"m not imagining it.

I just downloaded the "mapmyride" app so I can more easily record my bike rides. I'm about to go for a short (6 km) bike ride.

Oh, and I've been pretty good about eating dinner. I still suck at eating lunch, but I usually eat a muffin or a bowl of yogurt, which is better than nothing.

Oh, and I've been pretty good about eating dinner. I still suck at eating lunch, but I usually eat a muffin or a bowl of yogurt, which is better than nothing.

Perhaps your appetite will return once you have settled down to your new life. Stress can often have a huge impact on the former.

Did my first early morning walk since December. Here’s hoping it’s the beginning of a new routine. I am hopeful as the weather is becoming conducive for it and I really love walking in the early a.m.

It was 57 degrees and the sun was coming up. With the exception of the annoying little gnats that kept swarming my face, it was almost perfect. Lol

Reactions: Chryssie
Did my first early morning walk since December. Here’s hoping it’s the beginning of a new routine. I am hopeful as the weather is becoming conducive for it and I really love walking in the early a.m.

It was 57 degrees and the sun was coming up. With the exception of the annoying little gnats that kept swarming my face, it was almost perfect. Lol
Aha, gnats are the curse of our North-West. Very soon they'll be eating us alive. I'm not allergic to gnats (like my mom), but some varieties are very poisonous, and i experience what it means to live on a swamp (literally). Sometimes a half of a leg can get swollen, red and itchy after one bite. People from the South get morally paralized when they come here for the first time.:D They can't believe that gnats are so small but so fierce.:fsm:

It’s 3 p.m. and I hit 10,000 steps! First time in months.

Good thing, too, because today they had a luncheon for Administrative Assistant day and I had an Aztec Bowl from Salsa Fresca and a half pint of B&J ice cream, lol.

I think I regained 2 of those 3 pounds. Is that possible in just one weekend? I ate lots of dessert for Easter.

Last night I did a walk/jog for 5 km. Today I biked home from work, which was 3.75 km.

I plan to bike to AND from work tomorrow. I'm still too lazy to do any strength training.

Today I did the roundtrip bike ride: 7.6 km.

Then I did some gardening and made black bean dip. Having dip on hand helps me deal with late night cravings. Far healthier than munching on candy or chocolates.

Tomorrow is a rest day. My legs are sore.

I did a lot of scrubbing and cleaning for my parents at their beach cottage over the past two days. I was actually sweating a little bit, too. My arms got a great workout. Today, the weather is icky, so I'm going to do the exercise bike. I finally found the electronic part that has all the tracking on it and installed it. My dad had taken the bike apart for easier transport. I like my numbers, so now I can see how far I've pedaled and calories burned and all. I'll watch a show or something on the laptop while I pedal.

Last edited:
Got my second walk in. I had to skip two days in between though due to bad weather and the fact that my ankles are killing me from going up and down the hills and not being used to it LOL.

Got my second walk in. I had to skip two days in between though due to bad weather and the fact that my ankles are killing me from going up and down the hills and not being used to it LOL.

Go KL, you can do it.

I'm feeling too weak to do anything besides a bit of cleaning and a spree to Lidl's. :p

Reactions: KLS52
Go KL, you can do it.

I'm feeling too weak to do anything besides a bit of cleaning and a spree to Lidl's. :p
And then I ate a small piece of chocolate layer cake that I had in the freezer, lol.

I love to sabotage myself, although, I do not walk to lose weight. I never have. It doesn’t help at all. A two mile brisk walk barely covers 120 calories. I do it more for heart health since I have an arrhythmia and I like not being winded whenever I have to go up and down stairs or up an incline/hill. :)

I did my walk to and from the library (with a break in between to watch a free movie!) despite the blustery day. I just wanted to get outside. It was chilly, and the people I met while on the walk felt compelled to mention how cold it was, lol. I agreed, of course. :D We all want the warm weather already!

I did my walk to and from the library (with a break in between to watch a free movie!) despite the blustery day. I just wanted to get outside. It was chilly, and the people I met while on the walk felt compelled to mention how cold it was, lol. I agreed, of course. :D We all want the warm weather already!
It was 44 degrees when I went out at 6:45 this morning. The wind was raging. I had to pull my sweatshirt hood over my hat to keep it from blowing off my head!

I have managed to lose 4 pounds since I weighed myself a few weeks ago! I am encouraged! I have managed to be under my calorie budget a couple of days as well. I am getting quite a few more steps in too; some days I get over 10,000.

Reactions: Katrina
Well at least I'm still under 160 :p It sucks that 160 was my highest weight ever, until around christmas when I started up to 170 :(. That felt so horrible, and while I lost 10 pounds it didn't feel I lost anything because I was so used to 160 o_O.
I can't seem to stick to eating one way or another. I wish I could just stick to like a 'cheat' day, but just one meal or snack that's bad is never enough. I think I have to treat food like an addiction.
I had a very unsatisfying salad one day for lunch. I tried sherry vinegar and hated it :yuck:. I choked it down, but as soon as I got home I delved into some Sunchips and peanut butter cookies my son got :sigh:
Anyway, I guess as long as I keep doing something I'll be better. I did some yardwork and got wore out!

Status
Not open for further replies.