April Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to lose 7 pounds this month.

I'm also taking some Chinese herbs that are meant to help my thyroid as my GP thinks I have hypothyroidism. I thought it was worth a try as it would mean I would have to go onto medication for the rest of my life if I get a positive result next month. I'm also cutting out foods that are meant to hurt your thyroid. It's annoying as a lot of them are very healthy so that will make doing WW more difficult. It's all foods I like too.

Brazil nuts are supposed to help as they contain selenium. Of course I don't like them.:D You can have macadamia nuts and hazelnuts as well. I will buy some.

I want to lose 7 pounds this month.

I'm also taking some Chinese herbs that are meant to help my thyroid as my GP thinks I have hypothyroidism. I thought it was worth a try as it would mean I would have to go onto medication for the rest of my life if I get a positive result next month. I'm also cutting out foods that are meant to hurt your thyroid. It's annoying as a lot of them are very healthy so that will make doing WW more difficult. It's all foods I like too.

Brazil nuts are supposed to help as they contain selenium. Of course I don't like them.:D You can have macadamia nuts and hazelnuts as well. I will buy some.
Please, be careful with brazil nuts...:) The adequate intake for adults is 4 nuts per day.
Too many Brazil nuts can cause selenium poisoning - Nutrition Myths
Btw, i didn't like them either.:D (They are too bitter,- perhaps, it has to mean something).:shrug:

I can't believe it is April! I want to continue my journey back to regular exercise and back to weight loss mode. I had a great week last week with exercise, but I am still not 100 percent there with food.

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
I returned my movies to the library on foot and splurged on a latte from a local shop I'd yet to visit (despite living here almost two years and its being 1.8 miles from my house, haha). So I walked 3.6 miles total. It was quite windy, but the bright sunshine made it bearable, along with the reappearance of the winter gear. :D I'd hoped I'd seen the last of my snow hats for the season, but alas, the cold is stubbornly sticking around a bit longer.

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
I love Brazil nuts but haven’t had them in years.

Reactions: Val
My goals for this month are basic: eat lunch and dinner every day, and go for at least one walk (15+ minutes) every week.

Ideally, I'll exercise more than that, but no big deal if I don't.

I'm still aiming to lose 2 - 3 more pounds. I think it will get a little easier with nice weather on the horizon. I'm such a wimp, though, I really only like to take walks under pristine conditions - which means in the mid-afternoon in the winter and early in the morning in summer so I either get the most heat or the least. I'm still doing yoga a few mornings a week, and I think it's really helps with all things having to do with life. :)

Reactions: Chryssie
This past week, I walked 4 km (monday) and then 2.3 km (today). I didn't keep track of my meals... pretty sure I skipped lunch at least one day. But I've been eating a proper dinner every night.

Oh, and I discovered a new snack: tomato salad. Just chop a tomato, cilantro, some avocado (or feta) and mix it all with a squirt of lime juice. It works well when I'm not too hungry but want something tasty.

This past week, I walked 4 km (monday) and then 2.3 km (today). I didn't keep track of my meals... pretty sure I skipped lunch at least one day. But I've been eating a proper dinner every night.

Oh, and I discovered a new snack: tomato salad. Just chop a tomato, cilantro, some avocado (or feta) and mix it all with a squirt of lime juice. It works well when I'm not too hungry but want something tasty.
This tomato salad sounds pretty tasty.:flirt: It's a pity that i'll be unable to make it,- i really loathe both cilantro and avocado. Feta as well.:sigh: ...Armenians used to make a salad of only tomatoes, enormous amount of fresh onion rings, plus some grass (if available).:shrug:

I think I've lost 1 pound, but I can't really tell for sure.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the gym and start a free 1-week trial. *crosses fingers* hopefully I won't back out!

Well, Feb was a good whole food plant based month, March junk food binging took over, now April and I'm determined to go back to wfpb because I really feel like crap, and without eating right, it's so hard to exercise.
I went to the park to walk, the dirt paths were still kinda muddy so I stuck to paved trails. Wore the wrong shoes, the wrong socks, but managed to walk for an hour. Then I stopped at the produce market hoping for reduced produce as it's late Sunday. I really wanted artichokes! They had nothing but old looking oranges and radishes!

I did power walking on the treadmill with several short intervals of sprinting. Did 6 km. This was using the Zombie, Run! app that I just downloaded today. I actually look forward to running again tomorrow.

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
Status
Not open for further replies.